British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well there is a debate to be had on this one Geoff... Saturday as per DP and under lights is favourite like in the good old days... however there are some fans saying that Sunday tea time may be a better shout after the Reds play... We know Fridays are a non starter and no one seems really keen on a midweek night... So as things stand my best guess is Saturday nights are odds on favourite...

Regards
THJ

Had a couple of good Saturday nights in Worky watching the Comets...

(From what I remember given the post match hospitality in the local pubs and B and B)...:D

Be great to spend another Saturday evening/Sunday morning up there. .) 

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Why not Fridays?     No restriction for an NDL circuit..........

No.but see below... and there was a bit of history when Worky were blocked using a Friday as there second night in the last season they run and these Cumbrians have very long memories... no matter what league they are in...

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Would suggest that with the volume of teams been rumoured to be in the league there will be lots of double up riders from the championship so Friday will come into play

True... and another night is not inconceivable however Saturday was thought to be the best option because of the other sports that are popular in the town and they dont want to clash with anyone but it is still open to debate...

41 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Had a couple of good Saturday nights in Worky watching the Comets...

(From what I remember given the post match hospitality in the local pubs and B and B)...:D

Be great to spend another Saturday evening/Sunday morning up there. .) 

Looks like you will be getting your wish Mike...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, geoff100 said:

So anyone know is the home straight the one with the blue box on, are both stands going to be together or one on each straight, and can we watch on the turns? Over to u neil:t:

Sorry Geoff been at work,so no reply and I'm not in the know, just doing good guesswork and putting out any info without spoiling anything for the people behind the project, THJ will be well in the know as already mentioned, but was told road plannings will be laid down on top of any mud banks

8 hours ago, ch958 said:

going to have to shift some trees to get room for standing

Lots of trees and earth moved to make the track as big and wide as it is now,. Not clear on the photo but on the infield coming out of 4th bend (Rh side of photo ) is an electric pole about 8 meters from the curb, this was on the outside of the original training track near where the refs box was.

5 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Why not Fridays?     No restriction for an NDL circuit..........

Cos Mr Godfrey said Workington can't ever run on a Friday :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tried to find the site today with no luck, is the road closed to try and keep out the undesirables .

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Tried to find the site today with no luck, is the road closed to try and keep out the undesirables .

I think the road is closed it was when i went 2 weeks ago i think u can get to it opp asda but be carefull over railway line !

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

I think the road is closed it was when i went 2 weeks ago i think u can get to it opp asda but be carefull over railway line !

Yes went both sides and barriers in place, opposite Asda and down the Port road.

4 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Just park at the barrier opposite the timber yard and walk along the road as the site is fairly open at the minute...

Regards

THJ 

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

The temporary road over the railway line Opposite Asda was removed a while ago after a new bridge on the road to the docks was built, so park up near the big pile of logs and walk round the locked gate 5 minutes down the road you will see the track on your right hand side. Also a small car park on the right just over the bridge, but the caravan people were parked here the other week :wink: 

5 hours ago, topaz325 said:

I'm sure you're a nice person,  but did it have the desired effect? :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, gazzac said:

I'm sure you're a nice person,  but did it have the desired effect? :rolleyes:

Yes.

Honestly

This new venture is sparking some interest as it even made the Look North segment on the morning news today

They showed a segment of the H18tory treble winning meeting celebrations at Derwent Park

Regards
THJ

• Like 5