British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

2 hours ago, Neila said:

You got no work to go to THJ ? Sat watching telly all day :D

Av just drove 90 mile from Maryport to Killingworth in Newcastle 2 hours in 100 mile an hour winds bleaching down with sleet an ice with about 15 or 16 trees down from Carlisle Campus all the way accross the A69 on the east bound lane to sort an old gals electrics out which had tripped and couldn't be reset... av just filled up and I'm now going to drive the 2 hours back in worsening conditions...

So yes tomorrow I will be in Minshaws in Maryport from 12 ish with my feet up and a pint watching my team probably getting humped off Arsenal and giving the landlord all of this call out money I have just made...

If I get back alive that is...

Oh and the morning telly was the first Look North report at about 06.30 this morning when I was on my way out to work and I'm still at it... you cheeky bone idle lazy work shy Cumbrian knut... 

If you want a pint Maryport tomorrow 12.30 till late  I'm buying...

Regards 

THJ 

2 hours ago, Neila said:

A can just imagine you watching that Loose Women "Pony" on ITV you would fit right in...

Regards 

T HJ 

5 hours ago, Neila said:

There ya go Biffa a 20 hour shift if there is owt on the telly a might watch a bit now if that's ok wid you..

Regards 

THJ 

10 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

A can just imagine you watching that Loose Women "Pony" on ITV you would fit right in...

Regards 

T HJ 

No time marra got to be up at 5 to work in a local engineering company then home to do housework etc as my wife's disabled so very little time to put me feet up, but find time later on to do lots of fishing on this forum, you be surprised to how many big catches I get :)  up the toon you need to start winning or you will be going down.  Enjoy if that's the phrase watching the toon :drink:

• Haha 1

Tell you what Neil Arsenal will be up for it after losing last week but the Toon are erratic enough to win this...

It could be 3 or 4 one to the Gooners or a 1 nill win for Newcastle... forever the coupon spoilers are Newcastle...  

However it will be the craic and the liquid refreshment that I will be enjoying just as much or if not more than the football.

Regards 

T HJ 

They think it's all over...

It is now... and still over 20 minutes to go...

But am sticking it out to the end...

Pint and a chaser please for table No2 

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word

Looks like it is going to be a good set up & start up project so good luck to all involved in getting a team back in the leagues.

Just a little mention from the picture & if my eyes deceive me but to me, the bends seem slightly dis-similar in that bend 1 is of a flatter curve going in to a rounded bend 2 where as it is the opposite for bends 3 & 4 where it is a rounded 3 & flatter 4. I would think bends 3 & 4 would be the more ideal for racing. Was this down to the constraints of the area?.

I know our track is not the normal shape & is "egg shaped" but this was down to the land available as it was built on the old Normanby Steel Works site & wanting to dig down to form a bowl, we encountered too much buried steelwork.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Looks like it is going to be a good set up & start up project so good luck to all involved in getting a team back in the leagues.

Just a little mention from the picture & if my eyes deceive me but to me, the bends seem slightly dis-similar in that bend 1 is of a flatter curve going in to a rounded bend 2 where as it is the opposite for bends 3 & 4 where it is a rounded 3 & flatter 4. I would think bends 3 & 4 would be the more ideal for racing. Was this down to the constraints of the area?.

I know our track is not the normal shape & is "egg shaped" but this was down to the land available as it was built on the old Normanby Steel Works site & wanting to dig down to form a bowl, we encountered too much buried steelwork.

To be fair it was set out with a ball of string and iron spikes... but just wait till I get there tomorrow and paint them kerbs... (weather permitting tomorrow)... it will look perfect... (drink permitting tonight)...

Regards 

THJ 

10 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

To be fair it was set out with a ball of string and iron spikes... but just wait till I get there tomorrow and paint them kerbs... (weather permitting tomorrow)... it will look perfect... (drink permitting tonight)...

Regards 

THJ 

Oh dear looks like it's gonna be a wobbly inside line. Especially if you have drowned your toon sorrows :cheers:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

Black and White striped kerbstones? :rofl:

Edited by Deano
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

You using an extended roller

29 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

You using an extended roller

Lol well it's a machine that sprays roadline marker paint... all I have to do is walk behind it and push it... doh...

There may be trouble ahead...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Lol well it's a machine that sprays roadline marker paint... all I have to do is walk behind it and push it... doh...

There may be trouble ahead...

Regards 

THJ 

Drink ,walking and thj .  a match made in heaven .

hope you get sunshine and lots of tea .

• Thanks 1

Looks like them white lines have been painted with snow  THJ you can stay in bed longer :D

8 hours ago, Neila said:

Looks like them white lines have been painted with snow  THJ you can stay in bed longer :D

No white lines today unfortunately... job was abandoned... rain and snow stopped play... however I popped down today before going to another call out in Durham and in the hour and a bit I was there the lads had put down 180 ton of shale... in fact the shale was going on the track that fast Steve Lawson was struggling to keep up grading it in... however knowing Steve as I do and him being a bit of a perfectionist that surface will be spot on come next March... all 1200 ton or so of it...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 8