British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

13 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Anyone know how big the track is.?? 

Some information a few pages back but thought to be about  redcar size about 280-300 meters look from page 33 on

Edited by Neila
Update
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2022 at 9:48 PM, Baldyman said:

Anyone know how big the track is.?? 

On 1/24/2022 at 9:53 PM, Neila said:

Some information a few pages back but thought to be about  redcar size about 280-300 meters look from page 33 on

298 metres and the same width as Belle Vue on the straights and the bends with an 8% camber on each bend...

Regards

THJ

• Like 2

Looking good and proper red shale, good luck to all involved, up the comets :t:

19 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

298 metres and the same width as Belle Vue on the straights and the bends with an 8% camber on each bend...

Regards

THJ

Not a bad guess at the size by me :D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards

THJ

That sounds a great recipe for some proper good racing. As we know,, it's all about having the room for different lines entering the bends,, and room enough for getting out of them with riders next to each other.  I am so looking forward to visiting this track when is up and running. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

That sounds a great recipe for some proper good racing. As we know,, it's all about having the room for different lines entering the bends,, and room enough for getting out of them with riders next to each other.  I am so looking forward to visiting this track when is up and running. 

Can't believe they didnt base the dimensions on those of a Cycle Speedway track...

That would work great if someone did it, wouldn't it?  :D

Great to see someone with pretty much a blank canvas thinking about how the entertainment value of the racing will be affected by its shape..

Look forward to visiting...

Going to take my 18 year old with me and let him enjoy the delights of a night out in Worky post meeting.. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Steve also said on Twitter:

• Like 6

Congratulations on the great work Steve & all involved, look's like it will be a brilliant race track. 

44 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Maybe just photo angle, but the bends don’t seem very wide.

Yeah it's the photo angle, the width of the straights and bends are the exact same specification of the NSS.

The overall track size is just about 50 metres short of Belle Vue, around 298 metres in total. Belle Vue is 347m i think.

• Like 3

Track size and shape could be "perfect"...

Not too big so a differential in horsepower spreads out the riders down the straights....

And nice wide entry and exits into wide bends, meaning the bikes will be going sideways for a fair amount of the lap, thus giving those who can use the grip the chance to  make inroads into leads of others..

8 percent banking is "just enough" too I would suggest for good draining and safety of riders, helping them to ride the turns...

Look forward to visiting, hope it all goes well...

• Like 1

It is a bit more than 8% banking on the very outside though. :o

Yes, its looking good, and I like how the track laying is taking priority, everything getting nice and settled.