British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Given mean more or less same thing seems bit petty to pick holes in it. But whatever boats your float :D

Maybe does, but if you use a nickname you might as well use the right one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Maybe does, but if you use a nickname you might as well use the right one.

Much preferred the firestarter for Shane anyway myself

I haven't noticed the all important parking area on any pics...

....there won't be as many 'walk up fans' able to attend at this new facility...so hopefully plenty of parking space.

2 hours ago, singy13 said:

I haven't noticed the all important parking area on any pics...

....there won't be as many 'walk up fans' able to attend at this new facility...so hopefully plenty of parking space.

I think they are developing the site in the best way. Start with the track, then the buildings, standing and seating areas,  and then the add ons such as parking and services.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think they are developing the site in the best way. Start with the track, then the buildings, standing and seating areas,  and then the add ons such as parking and services.

How long do you think it'll take to get a md's drivethru sorted,,, or kebab shop? ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

build it they will come 

Perhaps the track should be named " the field of dreams" ?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Perhaps the track should be named " the field of dreams" ?

...And have a rider called 'Moonlight' Graham? :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Lefty said:

...And have a rider called 'Moonlight' Graham? :rolleyes:

....And Shoeless Joe, although he'll be in trouble around the bends....

• Haha 1

To save me going through loads of pages,,, can someone give me a brief account of how the track has come about,, as in who owns land and stuff, who is bringing the club back,, is it a group of fans or a local business man,, that sort of thing 

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

To save me going through loads of pages,,, can someone give me a brief account of how the track has come about,, as in who owns land and stuff, who is bringing the club back,, is it a group of fans or a local business man,, that sort of thing 

All I know is Honest John has been made a honourable director for his services to Workington speedway.lol

17 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

4 minutes ago, soupy said:

All I know is Honest John has been made a honourable director for his services to Workington speedway.lol

Was gunna suggest THJ, but seen they mentioned 'brief account' and thought otherwise.  ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Basically it's a venture by a local businessman and passionate Speedway fan Andrew Bain. He has ran the Northside training track site since 2017, from which he was running Amateur meetings and Training days on.

Since the demise of the Comets in 2018, there is an obvious gap in the market for Speedway in Workington. So plans to expand the track and site were drawn up with the support of the local council and it's grown from there really with Steve Lawson since getting involved to design and build the new track over the current training track site.

When I spoke to Andy plans are in place to run Open meetings this summer with the backing from Rob Godfrey and the BSPL, with certain local riders earmarked to ride. 

Other plans for the site include riders being able to book the track for practice days, with campsite type facilites including a workshop to prepare and strip bikes, and also hot wash facilites to wash bikes on site.

Edited by Marksman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

take your welders goggles off and read it you lazy   ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1