British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

Who was that masked man you say? well it certainly wasn't the Lone Ranger

Take a bow Steve Lawson who has been ably assisted by the main man himself with the brains (and brawn and finance) behind it all Andrew Bain; also Neil "Boozer" Bewley (yes his Dad) Stuart Jenkinson; Paul and Brad Haughin; Old Ted? David Payne one or two others whose names I have forgot (sincere apologies) and of course the legend that is Alan (Unlucky for Some #13) Windbush...

20220416_162251_resized.jpg.469c3cb169b732c439ed1d670529cf43.jpg

The effort these guys are putting in on weekends at this track is nothing short of heroic... kudos chaps and keep up the good work...

Think Steve Lawson is preparing a GP track never mind a Championship one or dare I say it a one fit to host Premiership meetings on... 

Ooh a cant say that on here can I... oops to late...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Awww man Ruff am getting the hang of this now...

Bet ye were just pressing the rang buttons with ya sausage fingers!

20220416_152820_resized.jpg.f9fefd3a7dc6c3dd7c1fe084cb44a029.jpg

Northside coming on a treat; and getting wider by the visit...

Ye talking about your belt, or the track? ;)

Regards
THJ

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yep looking good and looks like Redcar a little bit.Be nice if they could get a team in the top league to watch as nothing as far as Manchester.Be nice to have a few trips over to Workington again.Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

Any recent developments in the last few weeks? I need to have a wonder down there at some point. The progress has been amazing so far!

40 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Any recent developments in the last few weeks? I need to have a wonder down there at some point. The progress has been amazing so far!

Aye some of the fencing has gone in and once its finished I will stick some pretty pictures on here for all to see the latest progress but by all means call round for a look see and chat with the lads on site as they would love to hear your views

Regards
THJ

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Aye some of the fencing has gone in and once its finished I will stick some pretty pictures on here for all to see the latest progress but by all means call round for a look see and chat with the lads on site as they would love to hear your views

Regards
THJ

Looking good hopefully a return to League racing in the future.

On 5/6/2022 at 9:48 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Everyone is trying their best to make it happen... here's hoping for next season...

Regards 

THJ

11 days since last news.............so...... how's it garn marra??????

• Haha 1

Saw some photos on Facebook the other day with fench posts going in, maybe THJ has a picture :rolleyes:

23 hours ago, singy13 said:

11 days since last news.............so...... how's it garn marra??????

Weather permitting I will get a few more this weekend me old pal... but it is going well and thanks for asking...

15 hours ago, Neila said:

Saw some photos on Facebook the other day with fence posts going in, maybe THJ has a picture :rolleyes:

Over 100 metal posts concreted in around the outside ready for the actual fence (and the air fence) and the pits gate got hung as well... 

Back this weekend and I will get a couple of snaps (which may include the seating areas with a bit of luck)

Regards
THJ

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Weather permitting I will get a few more this weekend me old pal... but it is going well and thanks for asking...

Over 100 metal posts concreted in around the outside ready for the actual fence (and the air fence) and the pits gate got hung as well... 

Back this weekend and I will get a couple of snaps (which may include the seating areas with a bit of luck)

Regards
THJ

Thanks John............can't wait until tapes up :t:..

I'll do my bestest to have a butchers at the track , either before or after the next Worky Town RL home game.(June 2nd.)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Thanks John............can't wait until tapes up :t:..

I'll do my bestest to have a butchers at the track , either before or after the next Worky Town RL home game.(June 2nd.)

After what they done to the track have vowed never to set foot in there again ,whitehaven rugby for me now:t:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, geoff100 said:

After what they done to the track have vowed never to set foot in there again ,whitehaven rugby for me now:t:

Can understand not giving town any money but to support the jam eaters ??:D

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Best wishes to Rene Bach and Nicki Pedersen who were involved in a crash last night  Rene has a broken femur., Nicki  broken ribs and lung damage.

Edited by topaz325
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Best wishes to Rene Bach and Nicki Pedersen who were involved in a crash last night  Rene has a broken femur., Nicki  broken ribs and lung damage.

Would it be unkind to ask whose fault it was?

• Sad 1