British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

Jenga, alright you are correct but you did say that you love the smell of Methanols but I'm correct

when I say Methanol has no smell, as regards my job for over 20 years I was a Teaching Laboratory

Technician after getting my Chemical Technician Certificate where I set up the Laboratory for students

doing there higher Chemistry Degrees bdefore going on to becoming Science Doctors.

The last 20 years I worked in the Chemistry Stores handling all the various solvents used in the Research

Laboratories as well as ordering items for the Department that were also required.

The University never employed Janitors like normal State Schools but did employ someone to look after

the general needs of the Building and did not need qualifications to do their job

Edited by scampispeedway
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Anyone know if it is going to have floodlights ?

if they had to run them off a generator you know what would happen to that.

I do hope there'll be something in place to keep the twts out

17 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Anyone know if it is going to have floodlights ?

Well Geoff there's a thing... a full lighting specification has been done for the track but as you are aware the power to the site was removed when the pikey mob decided to.remove the transformers from the site...

Probably the biggest cost involved  for the whole project will be the stadium lighting however it may have to come down to running it from generators which wont be ideal however the guys are working on various options...

Regards 

THJ...

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dan Bewley has topped qualifying for gp tonight so got 1st choice of riding position,  can see him making the final tonight

For any Workington based fans I've heard station road club are gonna have the speedway on in the laal room :)

shame I'm in Greece but will be watching updates and hopefully my app will work to catch up later 

Edited by Neila

3 hours ago, scampispeedway said:

Jenga, alright you are correct but you did say that you love the smell of Methanols but I'm correct

when I say Methanol has no smell, as regards my job for over 20 years I was a Teaching Laboratory

Technician after getting my Chemical Technician Certificate where I set up the Labratories for students

doing there higher Chemistry Degrees bdefore going on to becoming Science Doctors.

The last 20 years I worked in the Chemistry Stores handling all the various solvents used in the Research

Laboratories as well as ordering items for the Department that were also required.

The University never employed Janitors like normal State Schools but did employ someone to look after

the general needs of the Building and did not need qualifications to do their job

Thankfully you never taught English  :rofl:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Dans first heat is heat 2

Bewley

Bartosz

Wozniak

Lambert

No problem  beat bartosz and lambert game on :D

Dan was 100/1 this morning when his old man got a tenner on him and he then passed on the info that this is Dans favourite Polish track... so by the time I got my bet on his price had hardened to 33/1 and a quick.look just now and his price has tightened even further to 20/1 so he is well fancied...

Come on the Maryport Marauder Johnny wants a holiday off his wining's...

Regards 

THJ...

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Dan was 100/1 this morning when his old man got a tenner on him and he then passed on the info that this is Dans favourite Polish track... so by the time I got my bet on his price had hardened to 33/1 and a quick.look just now and his price has tightened even further to 20/1 so he is well fancied...

Come on the Maryport Marauder Johnny wants a holiday off his wining's...

Regards 

THJ...

His Dad put a tenner on? Tight b*stard. £100 each way would have been the way.

20 hours ago, Marksman said:

Stunning Drone image taken by Gary McKeating @4020pix.

FWCac99-WAAAEyo-M.jpg

Now that looks like a pretty damn good track!! 

Must have a visit when up and running. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

His Dad put a tenner on? Tight b*stard. £100 each way would have been the way.

Be very unlikely any bookie would let you put £100 each way at 100/1.

12 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Be very unlikely any bookie would let you put £100 each way at 100/1.

Dunno I ain’t a gambler.

Had money on Dan each GP, apart from this one as I'm  in Greece  was 100/1 at 1st GP went down to 30/1 at the last one, got a stupid / lucky couple of £s each way to win over all at 125/1 at beginning of season 

23 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Probably the biggest cost involved  for the whole project will be the stadium lighting however it may have to come down to running it from generators which wont be ideal however the guys are working on various options...

Hello THJ............There's been some fantastic electrical wiring jobs done in empty buildings in St.Bees/Egremont/Whitehaven recently discovered...........those guys might be able to help you lol.

More seriously is there any equipment now redundant at Brough Park of any use at Northside?.....If so maybe set up a funding system to enable fans to assist?

• Thanks 1