British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

3 hours ago, singy13 said:

More seriously is there any equipment now redundant at Brough Park of any use at Northside?.....If so maybe set up a funding system to enable fans to assist?

Its been mentioned but what is on offer ain't much cop.to.be fair but who knows never say never and if there was anything that the guys desperately needed maybe a deal could be done...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Its been mentioned but what is on offer ain't much cop.to.be fair but who knows never say never and if there was anything that the guys desperately needed maybe a deal could be done...

Regards 

THJ

The tracker and grader would be no good as it will have been shaken to bits going round and round rough park !! are the holes for sale someone may need them to make a bit of home advantage B)

25 minutes ago, Neila said:

The tracker and grader would be no good as it will have been shaken to bits going round and round rough park !! are the holes for sale someone may need them to make a bit of home advantage B)

Well, if you get offered a black and yellow stanley tape measure, it's probably mine and a want it back!!! ;)

• Haha 2

So for Mr David Bailey aka @Steve Shovlar I am going to try and take you on a track walk of where we are at as of Saturday gone

If you could desist from posting the "Bleedin Obvious" until I have uploaded all of the pictures it would be appreciated

I will let you know when the last picture has gone up...

There are a few and the first one is the view the ref will have looking at the tapes; now I know its "Bleedin Obvious" that there re no tapes there but work with me here Steve and use your imagination

Regards
THJ

IMG-20220625-WA0018.jpg

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

This one is from the referees position looking towards the 1st and 2nd Bends then moving around bends 1 and 2 on the outside of the track;

IMG-20220625-WA0033.jpg

IMG-20220625-WA0031.jpg

Updated information

This one is coming out of bend 2 and looking up the back straight and you can see where the seating area will be on the banked area with the trees to the rear of the seating and you can also see the trackway in front of the banked area which is the roadway to the tractor compound and its "Bleedin Obvious" that 1. no one will be allowed to stand there and 2. it is a roadway why stand there when you will be able to sit high up on a vantage point overlooking to track and 3. keep usng the imagination because its "Bleedin Obvious" the thing isn't finished yet...

IMG-20220625-WA0034.jpg

Unfortunately that's it for tonight as I have used up my picture quota; I will be back with the rest of the track walk later on in the week and the next view once I can load it up is from the top of the banked area platform where the seats will be going looking across the back straight back towards the start tapes

Oh and on that last one the gate got boarded out on Sunday so all the boards have been fitted to the fence...

Here is the next big announcement Steve Lawson is turning up with a bike and I am turning up with my stop watch and Steve will be setting the official track record (weather permitting because he isn't as young or as daft as he used to be) on Saturday and Sunday with one or two other reprobates have a spin also...

Regards
THJ

Updated information
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

This one is coming out of bend 2 and looking up the back straight and you can see where the seating area will be on the banked area with the trees to the rear of the seating and you can also see the trackway in front of the banked area which is the roadway to the tractor compound and its "Bleedin Obvious" that 1. no one will be allowed to stand there and 2. it is a roadway why stand there when you will be able to sit high up on a vantage point overlooking to track and 3. keep usng the imagination because its "Bleedin Obvious" the thing isn't finished yet...

IMG-20220625-WA0034.jpg

I’m sure there’s a reason for this but it’s a shame that this nice banked area isn’t the start area/1st corner 

2 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I’m sure there’s a reason for this but it’s a shame that this nice banked area isn’t the start area/1st corner 

'Jeesis'.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

FFS Ryan look at the pictures before jumping in... the banked areas go literally all the way round the track... the ref is on a banked area and the walkway in is the sloped area to the second bend you walk up that ramp and end up at the same height right along the home straight...

Am gonna watch Long Lost Families on Plus 1 and see if @Steve Shovlar is your Long Lost Grandad...

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

FFS Ryan look at the pictures before jumping in... the banked areas go literally all the way round the track... the ref is on a banked area and the walkway in is the sloped area to the second bend you walk up that ramp and end up at the same height right along the home straight...

Am gonna watch Long Lost Families on Plus 1 and see if @Steve Shovlar is your Long Lost Grandad...

Regards
THJ

Sorry didn’t realise couldn’t quite see it in the shade of the picture on my phone 

Edited by Ryan555
  • Like 1

Could be an illusion, but is there more camber on turns three and four? 

30 minutes ago, Deano said:

Could be an illusion, but is there more camber on turns three and four? 

Oh dear... just for you...

You answered your own question...

Regards 

T HJ 

• Haha 1