British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

These went in the wrong way round as this is standing on the back straight looking at bends 3 and 4 the picture previous was taken from the roadway at the top of the bend but you can see where the roadway is and the ramp at the end of the banking

IMG-20220625-WA0023.jpg

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Think he is spoken for... when he's not racing he will be grading during heats...

Would definitely up the average age of an NDL team that's for sure but I still think he could show these youngsters a thing or two...

Lines up alongside Armo, Tony Atkin, Hurry and Complin. Wouldn't be bottom in the NDL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Lines up alongside Armo, Tony Atkin, Hurry and Complin. Wouldn't be bottom in the NDL

Need a calculator to work out the average age of that lot... will be somewhere near 60 that's for sure and your right definitely wouldn't be bottom...

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Who was it who said "Build it and the people will come"?

With the effort that is going in here I sure hope they do...

Regards
THJ

that line is  right T its taken from a field of dreams , the line is people will come  ( i was wrong } i thought it was , build it and they will come  .

a. field of dreams , who would have thought this dream would be on our doorstep . it just get better by the day . well done EVERYONE ][

Edited by jenga
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jenga said:

that line is  right T its taken from a field of dreams , the line is people will come  ( i was wrong } i thought it was , build it and they will come  .

a. field of dreams , who would have thought this dream would be on our doorstep . it just get better by the day . well done EVERYONE ][

Jenga or is it Barry Norman? 

That was one of them rhetorical question as I know what film it was from... and so does everyone else I would guess... I only asked it to get you thinking and for humorous effect... so thanks for participating... pleased it worked...

However if I need the answer I would ask for it to be put on a post card...

Regards

THJ 

• Haha 2

Last few pages reminded me of Wolves getting a roasting at Blantye in 1981. Steve Lawson and Cribby gave a master class of how to attack a 'dodgy prepared track'. 

Does Cribby still get his ice bike out these days. That would be great to see at the New Worky!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lefty said:

Last few pages reminded me of Wolves getting a roasting at Blantye in 1981. Steve Lawson and Cribby gave a master class of how to attack a 'dodgy prepared track'. 

Does Cribby still get his ice bike out these days. That would be great to see at the New Worky!

Think  Bruce did some laps on his ice bike round the IOW track last year.

• Like 2

Back to where we started on the raised viewing area on the home straight and no one will be allowed at the fence round the track there will/should be a secondary fence at the top of the banking... no one will be allowed at the fence around the track viewing will be at least a minimum of 3 meters above the track and approximately 5 meters back on the home straight and 10 metres back on the back straight and hopefully that's clear enough for Mr Nil Imagination @Steve Shovlar

IMG-20220625-WA0033.jpg

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
missed out key words
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Back to where we started on the raised viewing area on the home straight and no one will be allowed at the fence round the track there will/should be a secondary fence at the top of the banking... no one will be allowed at the fence around the track viewing will be at least a minimum of 3 meters above the track and approximately 5 meters back on the home straight and 10 metres back on the back straight and hopefully that's clear enough for Mr Nil Imagination @Steve Shovlar

IMG-20220625-WA0033.jpg

Bet he will have something to complain about, maybe how far Poole is away fra worky so he can see speedway on a decent track:party:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

IMG-20220625-WA0033.jpg

Exactly what I said so you agree with me. I will look out for your apology.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Exactly what I said so you agree with me. I will look out for your apology.

What a tool you antagonistic old "Raspberry Tart" you would have to kiss my big fat Geordie posterior Biffa before that's ever gonna happen...

On the centre green as well... in front of a full house...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 1

Another poster who posts abuse but when I am proved correct doesn’t have the humility to admit they were wrong. No surprise to be honest. Shame he can’t live up to his name.

Edited by Steve Shovlar