British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Another poster who posts abuse but when I am proved correct doesn’t have the humility to admit they were wrong. No surprise to be honest. Shame he can’t live up to his name.

He's proper on one today!,,, maybe it just comes natural?,,, woe betide anyone that criticises anything he's involved with, whether in jest or not.

Edited by ruffdiamond

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2022 at 5:52 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Looking at the photo, the second safety fence would have to fit in around the bottom of the earth mound. So all that pile of earth needs to be cleared away, the trees demolished and a stand erected. Lots of work to do!

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2022 at 6:04 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Are ye Bob The Builder like? It will be right without your help thanks Marra...

If your team ever get here you can come and spend your money... just dont ask for credit cos a smack in the mouth often offends...

Regards 

THJ

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2022 at 7:52 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes I will come up if Workington are in the same league, and will introduce myself. So you are saying fans are going to be allowed to stand right next to the track? I somehow doubt it. There has to be at least 8-10 metres between track and where fans can stand. Looking at the photo that would roughly be at the bottom of the earth mound. 

So the earth would have to be cleared away. Not sure why you have taken offence at the bleeding obvious. 

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2022 at 8:14 PM, crescent girl said:

Where do you get 8-10 metres from?

Two metres, more like....

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2022 at 8:44 PM, JC81 said:

regulations state there must be a 2 meter 'neutral' zone. So 8-10 meters is incorrect and by the pics I've seen of the track if your standing on the banks you are at least 5 meters away at top.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2022 at 11:03 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

At the bottom of the "earth mound" as you put it will be the roadway to the tractor area and the top of the "earth mound" 10 metres away will be where the viewing will be... so dont assume the bleeding obvious when it is bleedin obvious you havent got a clue (as usual) what you are on about...

However I will be there over the weekend weather permitting and just for you I will take a couple of pictures... do you have any preference where I should take them from? Mr David Bailey? Because its bleedin obvious that you will be an expert in photograpy for sure... or will you be happy with a few random snappies?

Here is something else that is bleeding obvious because the track is being set in a bowl the viewing will be exceptional and the the track will certainly match the NSS and I would be happy to put my neck on the block and say now it will be deemed as the best track in the country bar none because the guys have had a blank canvass to work with... and they are doing an exceptional job...

Must be great being an expert 380 miles from the job and looking at Photographs... reminds me of a Building Surveyor I once knew who said he would work at any height you wanted as long he could keep one foot on the floor and his other favourite saying was send me a picture I am allergic to the outside...

Regards 

THJ

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2022 at 11:44 PM, magnus said:

Well said THJ. 

I shake my head in disbelief and think the lads should start 'shovlar'en some shi#e'.. lol....

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2022 at 7:59 AM, Neila said:

Wait till it's finished before you start being picky :D The guys are doing a great job and taking a great risk in the present speedway or financial climate 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

He's proper on one today!,,, maybe it just comes natural?,,, woe betide anyone that criticises anything he's involved with, whether in jest or not.

Well said... especially if they are talking Pony...

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Another poster who posts abuse but when I am proved correct doesn’t have the humility to admit they were wrong. No surprise to be honest. Shame he can’t live up to his name.

This isn't abuse and don't take this the wrong way but suck my septic stump... 

You have never posted anything correct in your whole life you are just a stirring little... well here we go...

Most people think of adjectives, words that describe nouns, when they think of descriptive words, but many descriptive words are not adjectives. Descriptive words could also include adverbs, or words that help to describe action. Descriptive words could also be clear, strong verbs or nouns that carry clear meaning...

So stick your own word on the end of that line... honestly...

Regards 

THJ

7 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

This isn't abuse and don't take this the wrong way but suck my septic stump... 

You have never posted anything correct in your whole life you are just a stirring little... well here we go...

Most people think of adjectives, words that describe nouns, when they think of descriptive words, but many descriptive words are not adjectives. Descriptive words could also include adverbs, or words that help to describe action. Descriptive words could also be clear, strong verbs or nouns that carry clear meaning...

So stick your own word on the end of that line... honestly...

Regards 

THJ

Talk about dragging the name of Workington speedway through the mud. The new promotion must be so proud to have someone like you attached to their new venture.

What an utter embarrassment to them you are. 

Laal Dan Bewley apparently been in bad crash tonight in Poland....hopefully not too serious?

1 minute ago, singy13 said:

Laal Dan Bewley apparently been in bad crash tonight in Poland....hopefully not too serious?

Check out the Extraleague thread. I put up footage of the crash. Quite horrendous and hope he makes a quick recovery.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Check out the Extraleague thread. I put up footage of the crash. Quite horrendous and hope he makes a quick recovery.

Yeah he went over fence onto concrete terracing......................

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Talk about dragging the name of Workington speedway through the mud. The new promotion must be so proud to have someone like you attached to their new venture.

What an utter embarrassment to them you are. 

I'm from Newcastle marra...

5 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Yep seen that singy... bad one by all accounts off to hospital for x-ray's...

Fingers crossed... he's a tough laal nut... here's hoping he's okay and a real shame if he misses Cardiff..

Regards 

John

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I'm from Newcastle marra...

Yep seen that singy... bad one by all accounts off to hospital for x-ray's...

Fingers crossed... he's a tough laal nut... he's hoping he's okay and a real shame if he misses Cardiff..

Regards 

John

Speedway can be so cruel as you say Dan is a tough nut as we saw back in 2018 v Lakeside....triple femur break (I think?) and the kid recovered so well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, singy13 said:

News on the Wroclaw site this morning

We have some good news. Daniel Bewley underwent a comprehensive examinations at the University Clinical Hospital in Wroclaw and apart from general collisions, he was only diagnosed with an injury of the interanklular left tibiscus. It would appear that Dan's physical fitness and well-functioning stadium security and personal protective equipment prevented him from serious injury. Dan hang in there!!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

For those who want to this is Bewley`s crash from last night

1 hour ago, screm said:

News on the Wroclaw site this morning

We have some good news. Daniel Bewley underwent a comprehensive examinations at the University Clinical Hospital in Wroclaw and apart from general collisions, he was only diagnosed with an injury of the interanklular left tibiscus. It would appear that Dan's physical fitness and well-functioning stadium security and personal protective equipment prevented him from serious injury. Dan hang in there!!!

Wow...

Amazing how many times the "frightening ones" end up being less impact to life and limb than some almost "innocuous" looking crashes...

Speedy recovery Dan...

A HUGE future lies ahead for this lad I would say...