British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

23 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Will there be an experienced "speedway professional" on board, to work with BSPL and be a safe pair of hands to prevent the inexperieced  owners being ripped apart by the sharks?

You do sometimes get the impression that "new teams" are seen by some as a threat rather than what they should be seen as...

ie another asset towards the growth of the sport...

Maybe, if new teams come in they should start at NDL level and link up with a Premiership or Championship team, who don't run a second team of their own...

One. To create a potential rider development path into the higher leagues, but also, at the same time, support the "new team" in their dealings with some of those who may not see their existence in such a positive light, as well as giving advice as to the way the day to day dealings are done...

A relationship that could continue on, or not, depending on how the new team develop as they become established....

You do sometimes suspect that "safety in numbers" could be a key strengtn to have in British Speedway..

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2022 at 12:30 PM, Terrace Grumbler said:

Presumably the meetings will be at weekends during daylight hours...  if so that couldn't be much easier for travelling. 

True...

Thanks for the bump :t:UTC  (up the comets)

Edited by Neila

4 years ago tonight the mighty comets made H18TORY by winning the league :party: UTC

• Like 3

Just like buses !!!  4 years ago tonight comets win the championship trophy to make a clean sweep of  3 cups

H18TORY UTC 

Looks like we've been demoted to the national League page now see THJ 's post  Workington 2023   hopefully the comets will rise again in the 3rd (better ) league  UTC

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Looks like we've been demoted to the national League page now see THJ 's post  Workington 2023   hopefully the comets will rise again in the 3rd (better ) league  UTC

Premiership would be even better with your new track :)

• Like 1

are you paying the bills then  ?

11 hours ago, Trees said:

Premiership would be even better with your new track :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

are you paying the bills then  ?

Just saying :D

4 hours ago, Neila said:

Where you been Jenga ? Thought you got a ban !!

what was i getting banned for , having a conversation with a fellow poster who called me a racist . if anyone that person is the one who needs to be banned !

19 hours ago, jenga said:

what was i getting banned for , having a conversation with a fellow poster who called me a racist . if anyone that person is the one who needs to be banned !

I had a chum who was a RAC-ist, 

Then he became an AA-is. 

Now he's a GREEN FLAG-ist  :(

21 minutes ago, Lefty said:

I had a chum who was a RAC-ist, 

Then he became an AA-is. 

Now he's a GREEN FLAG-ist  :(

are you running a skip of a car or just bad luck in your choice of vehicles 

• Haha 1

just like to say thank you for all the input and posts on this topic . i think now is the time to move on and build up the following on the new venture  at Northside in  the proper  section of the forum .

thanks to everyone who has put something on here and long may it continue on the new thread . started it in October 2019  . hope its interesting for you all . so now its over to the new Workington 2023 on the nat league section .

keep posting ,  2023 i  section   .. its the close season .

• Like 2