British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

(Non) fun fact: pretty sure Stoney's blue & pink kevlars were stolen.  Anyone know what Ian Thomas is pointing at on and finds amusing Stoney's neck ? ;)....

7 hours ago, martinmauger said:

(Non) fun fact: pretty sure Stoney's blue & pink kevlars were stolen.  Anyone know what Ian Thomas is pointing at on and finds amusing Stoney's neck ? ;)....

i do believe  it was something to do with a bet of some sort between the two of them .  cant remember , but it involved a severe  haircut for carl . carl did shave his hair off in fact . cannot remember if stoney won or lost the bet !         his hair grew back really quickly . think he used an open bag of compost for a pillow at night .........

8 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Yeah I think he had those Kevlars stolen, along with his van? Which was a few days before setting off to Lonigo for the '99 GP Challenge.  Thomas Armstrong helped out on that occasion with a van and new kevlars and went on to be his main sponsor for years.

I think Ian Thomas was pointing at the fact Stoney had just got one of his ears pierced and was wearing a gold earring!

On 4/21/2020 at 8:51 PM, Marksman said:

Going back to that print that was advertised, I decided to make my own memories on photoshop of the 1999 season onwards.

It's desktop wallpaper size (2560x1440) so feel free to use :), the high resolution version can be downloaded here - https://imgur.com/a/oYLZw2n

GMwdXr8.jpg

cant work out who is in the grey hat ??

5 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Is it Ricky Wells?

56 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Thanks can see him now, wonder if he still has the hat :rofl:

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Thanks can see him now, wonder if he still has the hat :rofl:

He's still wearing it.... Just all the hair has grow through it...

Honestly he used to be a tidy kid but he could do wid a hair cut that's for sure...

Smart lad when hes been clipped and shaved... looks a scruffy get nowadays!!!

Always thought Maryport was famous for the "Jam Factory" not its Rastafarian's...

Freddie Notes & The Rudies  sang about Montego Bay not Maryport Bay...

Never mind at least we know its not Richard hoarding all the soap,,,

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

He's still wearing it.... Just all the hair has grow through it...

Honestly he used to be a tidy kid but he could do wid a hair cut that's for sure...

Smart lad when hes been clipped and shaved... looks a scruffy get nowadays!!!

Always thought Maryport was famous for the "Jam Factory" not its Rastafarian's...

Freddie Notes & The Rudies  sang about Montego Bay not Maryport Bay...

Never mind at least we know its not Richard hoarding all the soap,,,

Regards
THJ

Who's laughing now though, we'll all look scruffy now we can't get a hair cut,  Richard will look just the same in 6 months time, just take a bit longer to wash and dry it :)

13 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Who's laughing now though, we'll all look scruffy now we can't get a hair cut,  Richard will look just the same in 6 months time, just take a bit longer to wash and dry it :)

His will dry easy plenty hot air near him:rofl:

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Hey... Speak for ya sel Marra

I might not have much to cut these days but possessing my own "Wahl Clippers" what I do have gets a good clipping every three weeks...

Old habits die hard and with our old RSM if he could pinch any ov it outside the beret he pulled it out...

So no thank you to the "Scruffy Old Mop" / "Rasta" look and looking at Richards dad (Steve) who still has a full hair line although well cropped currently; Richard wont be going bald anytime soon... can you imagine that weave in white... could be the new Roy Wood or Santa Claus look...

Know you don't like Christmas getting a mention too early gazzac and only 246 days to go so sorry for the Santa reference... But I suppose it will keep him warm on cold winter nights so I will give you that...

Honestly just had another look at a current photo and I'm now not sure if its a "Rasta" or "Predator" look he is going for...

Also how does all that fit under a helmet? Does he take the liner out ffs?

Either way I still think it looks a clip... Sorry...

Regards
THJ

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Hey... Speak for ya sel Marra

I might not have much to cut these days but possessing my own "Wahl Clippers" what I do have gets a good clipping every three weeks...

Old habits die hard and with our old RSM if he could pinch any ov it outside the beret he pulled it out...

So no thank you to the "Scruffy Old Mop" / "Rasta" look and looking at Richards dad (Steve) who still has a full hair line although well cropped currently; Richard wont be going bald anytime soon... can you imagine that weave in white... could be the new Roy Wood or Santa Claus look...

Know you don't like Christmas getting a mention too early gazzac and only 246 days to go so sorry for the Santa reference... But I suppose it will keep him warm on cold winter nights so I will give you that...

Honestly just had another look at a current photo and I'm now not sure if its a "Rasta" or "Predator" look he is going for...

Also how does all that fit under a helmet? Does he take the liner out ffs?

Either way I still think it looks a clip... Sorry...

Regards
THJ

Have you opened your bottle of Old Pulteney and well into it?  By the way I'm 63 and have enough hair left to worry about, so I'm lucky/unlucky in that department. Suppose in one way "I wish it could be Christmas every day ". :D

Edited by gazzac

26 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Have you opened your bottle of Old Pulteney and well into it?  By the way I'm 63 and have enough hair left to worry about, so I'm lucky/unlucky in that department. Suppose in one way "I wish it could be Christmas every day ". :D

Am in me 50's so am not that far behind you... but if any one asks am 39... going on 14...

At the minute everyday is Christmas Day with this lock down... boring...  it's driving me nuts... and no av not opened any whiskey in the last couple of weeks funnily enough... pienpeesman mentioned the other day along with Ruffdiamond that they both were giving the gin a go... so I cracked a bottle of Tanqueray the other night as I hadn't had a G&T for a while and to be fair av quite enjoyed it... saying it's a girls drink...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Am in me 50's so am not that far behind you... but if any one asks am 39... going on 14...

At the minute everyday is Christmas Day with this lock down... boring...  it's driving me nuts... and no av not opened any whiskey in the last couple of weeks funnily enough... pienpeesman mentioned the other day along with Ruffdiamond that they both were giving the gin a go... so I cracked a bottle of Tanqueray the other night as I hadn't had a G&T for a while and to be fair av quite enjoyed it... saying it's a girls drink...

Regards 

THJ 

Indeed gin for summer, whiskey for cold winter nights, beer of one sort or another all year round.

• Like 2