British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

Information about Workington in the Speedway Star tomorrow.

Edited by Bluenose
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Northside starting to take shape... what was it Steve Whitehead used to say #webelieve?

Was watching Dan Bewley going round on his dirt track bike 24th October 2021 prior to his first DT meeting at BV and this track and the plans Andy has for it sound and look impressive... Good luck Andy...

May be an image of outdoors

Regards
THJ

Newcastle boys should feel at home on this track ! .  B)

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

Championship 2023?

Depending on the qualification rules maybe NDL but that will be down to Andy as to which way he jumps... but it is positive news for a change...

Regards
THJ

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jenga said:

Newcastle boys should feel at home on this track ! .  B)

Just wait till the top coat goes on (former DP shale)… I have been told it will be like a "babies bottom" (direct quote from Steve Lawson)

Regards
THJ

• Like 2

Steve told me it’s 17 mtr wide corners 12 mtr wide straights just over 420 odd mtrs long a bit like Redcar and belle vue combined and he is hoping to be ready for a few winter armature meeting  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Steve told me it’s 17 mtr wide corners 12 mtr wide straights just over 420 odd mtrs long a bit like Redcar and belle vue combined and he is hoping to be ready for a few winter armature meeting  

Track looks like it has the makings to be really good, not sure about the electric bikes though. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mac101 said:

That sounds too big to me.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, eric i said:

That sounds too big to me.

:o

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

He had his little measuring wheel out for a walk when I was there and I cant remember if he said 298 or 308 metres long but the straights and corners are what you quote width wise... Don't know about any amateur meetings soon as there is still a great deal to do infrastructure wise but when Andy and Steve get going they really crack on so who knows... be great for Workington as a town that is for sure...

Regards
THJ

• Like 6

Hope every thing comes together at Northside as I've enjoyed many a trip up to Workington and made some friends with fans from there on the trip to Bydgoszcz in 2000 to see Mark Loram crowned World Champion.

37 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

He had his little measuring wheel out for a walk when I was there and I cant remember if he said 298 or 308 metres long but the straights and corners are what you quote width wise... Don't know about any amateur meetings soon as there is still a great deal to do infrastructure wise but when Andy and Steve get going they really crack on so who knows... be great for Workington as a town that is for sure...

Regards
THJ

Could have picked him up wrong 400 does seem big 300 odd sounds better lol

• Like 1

Now the secret is out was told track based on Redcar with a bit of belle Vue, maybe a bit early for training this winter, would think (only my opinion ) that a training track and open meetings in 2022 then see how speedway as a whole shapes up for league speedway in 2023, good luck to the guy sorting things out, will have to have a walk down this weekend to see progress

• Like 3

It says in the Speedway Star that ambitous plans are in place, and the intention is to stage National Dev. League racing there in 2022..

NDL will be expanding in 2022 to include more teams it says, Oxford are going to be 1 of them, running alongside the Championship.

• Like 4

On 11/10/2021 at 1:11 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Just wait till the top coat goes on (former DP shale)… I have been told it will be like a "babies bottom" (direct quote from Steve Lawson)

Regards
THJ

Air fence from DP still available for them?.....or did I read it was sold?