jenga

workington ..

1 minute ago, Marksman said:

Too right, I guess we are still the Lineal champions of this league :P

Can't hide H18TORY :party:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Too right, I guess we are still the Lineal champions of this league :P

Be great to have another northern track back involved with speedway.. well done toAndrew & his band of volunteers

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Error

Great news about time speedway had some good news .A very well done to all involved. I hope that all Comets fans get behind them with their support and make this track a great success they very much deserve it.

• Like 3

Great news about Workington returning.Up the comics lol

Cracking wee track and set up down northside well not so wee now mind you. 

Great to see it develop to what is over the years.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

IMG-20211115-WA0016.thumb.jpg.c07c94b41254f643cf858693f4f794d7.jpg

Two of 3

Regards
THJ

Looks good,hope they can get back into League racing in the future.Who owns the property now.We’re the Branneys no involved at one time?

• Like 2

Taken from THJ's private helicopter? 

Or maybe a hot air balloon, not sure where the hot air would come from though, although.....:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Or maybe a hot air balloon, not sure where the hot air would come from though, although.....:rolleyes:

Probably the balloon then:D

27 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Looks good, hope they can get back into League racing in the future. Who owns the property now. We’re the Branneys not involved at one time?

Firstly I have one more picture to load for those who don't have Facebook access and yes Craig Branney did run the old Northside training track for a period when he hung up his steel shoe and Craig encountered similar problems to those that Andy is experiencing now with theft and vandalism at the site which I think ultimately sickened Craig. Andy Bain is developing the site and he is currently negotiating a lease with the local authority who along with the local MP have been fairly supportive in his endeavours.

11 minutes ago, gazzac said:

It would have to be a CH-47 Chinook to get this old lump off the floor these days and I couldn't afford the train fare to get you from Chichester to Workington to power a hot air balloon for me gazzac if we could get one big enough that is to get me off the ground and to fit your head in; so one of those little drones with a camera on was used I believe and the quality of the pictures is quite good to be fair

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Firstly I have one more picture to load for those who don't have Facebook access and yes Craig Branney did run the old Northside training track for a period when he hung up his steel shoe and Craig encountered similar problems to those that Andy is experiencing now with theft and vandalism at the site which I think ultimately sickened Craig. Andy Bain is developing the site and he is currently negotiating a lease with the local authority who along with the local MP have been fairly supportive in his endeavours.

It would have to be a CH-47 Chinook to get this old lump off the floor these days and I couldn't afford the train fare to get you from Chichester to Workington to power a hot air balloon for me gazzac if we could get one with a big enough that is to get me off the ground and to fit your head in; so one of those little drones with a camera on was used I believe and the quality of the pictures is quite good to be fair

Regards
THJ

All joking aside, it looks like a proper track with lovely wide bends, hope it's a success when up and running. 

53 minutes ago, gazzac said:

All joking aside, it looks like a proper track with lovely wide bends, hope it's a success when up and running. 

Andy is a good guy with some great ideas for a fully inclusive motor park so everything from stocks and speedway to lawnmower and Motability scooter racing; training track facilities for kids and adults an external BMX track the works and nothing is off the table at the moment he is really making  a go of it.. and hopefully it will be fully self financing

Regards
THJ

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Probably the balloon then:D

Hope you not saying he blows out hot air lol

Hope it all works out. But where are the fans going to stand on the home straight? Not much room for a grandstand.