British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

39 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hope it all works out. But where are the fans going to stand on the home straight? Not much room for a grandstand. 

Two 600 all seater stands waiting to go in... keep watching the posts as there will be updates on each phase which should show how the site is developing...

Small acorns an all that Steve... small acorns...

Regards 

THJ 

1 minute ago, Tosh1218 said:

A couple of questions 

whats the length of the track as it is now ?
how far from Derwent Park is it ?

Track is around 290-300 metres I believe

Northside track is less than a mile away from Derwent Park

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Northside track is less than a mile away from Derwent Park

Even less if you could walk over water...

Only Tony Jackson uses that route though...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hope it all works out. But where are the fans going to stand on the home straight? Not much room for a grandstand. 

As previously mentioned seats awaiting remember little by little the acorns grow, can remember a little stadium in a field on the outskirts of Berwick was a good little place, berrington Lough was the name, but maybe before lots of people's time !! Redcar also took time to grow into what it is now

• Like 1

Happy to see Workington on the comeback. Forever linked to my own team by one season in 70s, or was it 80s? Enjoyed trips to DP, but own stand alone stadium definitely way forward :t:

• Like 1

I hope it all works out. Looking forward to visiting once the club are in the championship.

55 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Two 600 all seater stands waiting to go in... keep watching the posts as there will be updates on each phase which should show how the site is developing...

Small acorns an all that Steve... small acorns...

Regards 

THJ 

Who is paying for all this ?

7 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Andrew Bain... local businessman and big Speedway Fan who took on Northside a few years back....

Regards 

THJ 

Hats off to the man. Hope the Workington fans back him in numbers. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Happy to see Workington on the comeback. Forever linked to my own team by one season in 70s, or was it 80s? Enjoyed trips to DP, but own stand alone stadium definitely way forward :t:

1987 was the season and it ended when Glasgow got kicked out for how should I say it ?? POOr track preparation :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neila said:

1987 was the season and it ended when Glasgow got kicked out for how should I say it ?? POOr track preparation :o

I was only 3 at the time ha. But tbf my dad preferred going to Workington than Blantyre so take from that what you like ha

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I hope it all works out. Looking forward to visiting once the club are in the championship.

Or once Poole are in the NDL?

• Haha 5