British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

3 hours ago, Neila said:

As previously mentioned seats awaiting remember little by little the acorns grow, can remember a little stadium in a field on the outskirts of Berwick was a good little place, berrington Lough was the name, but maybe before lots of people's time !! Redcar also took time to grow into what it is now

I remember the night I was at Berrington Lough when they used cars for headlights when the lights went out in the stadium.Never mind health and safety…

11 hours ago, soupy said:

I remember the night I was at Berrington Lough when they used cars for headlights when the lights went out in the stadium.Never mind health and safety…

That was to waste a bit of time while they tried to get the lights fixed, I seem to recall.  Cars on the centre green during a meeting was never going to happen.

1 hour ago, mossy666 said:

Never been to Workington but will give it a go to see the Scorpions sting em

you will be waiting  a long time then !

• Like 1

So anyone know is the home straight the one with the blue box on, are both stands going to be together or one on each straight, and can we watch on the turns? Over to u neil:t:

55 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

So anyone know is the home straight the one with the blue box on, are both stands going to be together or one on each straight, and can we watch on the turns? Over to u Neil:t:

So the starting tapes will be on the feint line where the blue container is; you will be able to stand from that container to the first bend where it is being proposed to put 600 seats then carry on to the second bend where you will be able to stand and that is also where the pits will be. On the back straight there will be another 600 seats with standing either side of this seated area to the third bend. 

https://www.bordergroupltd.com/grandstands-for-sale/ might give an idea but without a canopy at present and the tractor park will be on the 4th bend.

Does that help...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So the starting tapes will be on the feint line where the blue container is; you will be able to stand from that container to the first bend where it is being proposed to put 600 seats then carry on to the second bend where you will be able to stand and that is also where the pits will be. On the back straight there will be another 600 seats with standing either side of this seated area to the third bend. 

https://www.bordergroupltd.com/grandstands-for-sale/ might give an idea but without a canopy at present and the tractor park will be on the 4th bend.

Does that help...

Regards
THJ

Thanks john lts looking good one final question will their be lights going in , sat night racing or sundays ?

40 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Thanks john its looking good one final question will their be lights going in , sat night racing or Sundays ?

Well there is a debate to be had on this one Geoff... Saturday as per DP and under lights is favourite like in the good old days... however there are some fans saying that Sunday tea time may be a better shout after the Reds play... We know Fridays are a non starter and no one seems really keen on a midweek night... So as things stand my best guess is Saturday nights are odds on favourite...

Regards
THJ

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well there is a debate to be had on this one Geoff... Saturday as per DP and under lights is favourite like in the good old days... however there are some fans saying that Sunday tea time may be a better shout after the Reds play... We know Fridays are a non starter and no one seems really keen on a midweek night... So as things stand my best guess is Saturday nights are odds on favourite...

Regards
THJ

Why not Fridays?     No restriction for an NDL circuit..........

7 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Why not Fridays?     No restriction for an NDL circuit..........

Would suggest that with the volume of teams been rumoured to be in the league there will be lots of double up riders from the championship so Friday will come into play