British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

On 11/25/2021 at 3:18 PM, topaz325 said:

Tried to find the site today with no luck, is the road closed to try and keep out the undesirables .

And I went through this morning and like you got lost looking for it........maybe an age thing in my case as I do recall, very many moons ago, visiting the tiny training track there...is it same place ????

Don't wish to be negative but hopefully be better signposted when the action starts.

1 minute ago, singy13 said:

And I went through this morning and like you got lost looking for it........maybe an age thing in my case as I do recall, very many moons ago, visiting the tiny training track there...is it same place ????

Don't wish to be negative but hopefully be better signposted when the action starts.

I would think that with all the heavy machinery and ancillary work taking place, workmen would not want to be interrupted by sightseers. Leave it to postings on here,, and visit after Xmas and then there will be changes to be seen I would imagine.  

• Like 2

On 11/28/2021 at 8:22 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No white lines today unfortunately... job was abandoned... rain and snow stopped play... however I popped down today before going to another call out in Durham and in the hour and a bit I was there the lads had put down 180 ton of shale... in fact the shale was going on the track that fast Steve Lawson was struggling to keep up grading it in... however knowing Steve as I do and him being a bit of a perfectionist that surface will be spot on come next March... all 1200 ton or so of it...

Regards 

THJ

Wonder if there's any shale going spare as I'm sure it would go down well at scunny for the winter amateurs

23 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Yeah it's the same sight as where the old training track is 

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

Whinging about signposting before the place has even been built :rofl: special folk speedway fans!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Age Singy13 don't believe it... you don't look a day over 45... and yes it is/was the tiny training track that has been modified and enlarged somewhat in exactly the same place... A596/A597/Northside Road Roundabout and you want the turning off that roundabout to the Workington Shore Car Park and park along there where the wood yard is and the gates will be shut but you don't need to be a limbo dancer to get under them... then just walk down to where the old Northside Training Track was and view the new one... take ya wellies because as the saying goes its very "Clarty" and you wont need a signpost once the place is opened out you will know where it is... just the old memory not as sharp due to all these lock downs and restrictions...

47 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I would think that with all the heavy machinery and ancillary work taking place, workmen would not want to be interrupted by sightseers. Leave it to postings on here,, and visit after Xmas and then there will be changes to be seen I would imagine.  

Works are tending to take place on the weekends and to be fair the guys are happy to talk to anyone if they introduce themselves and you can take a look without getting in anyone's way on the banking but the place is very muddy at present...

30 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Wonder if there's any shale going spare as I'm sure it would go down well at Scunny for the winter amateurs

Err No... or maybe for a considerable fee then maybe yes...

27 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Yeah it's the same sight as where the old training track is 

Correct... Same site just now with a much larger footprint and the new track has been built over the top of the old one and is really starting to look the part now for sure

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Age Singy13 don't believe it... you don't look a day over 45... and yes it is/was the tiny training track that has been modified and enlarged somewhat in exactly the same place... A596/A597/Northside Road Roundabout and you want the turning off that roundabout to the Workington Shore Car Park and park along there where the wood yard is and the gates will be shut but you don't need to be a limbo dancer to get under them... then just walk down to where the old Northside Training Track was and view the new one... take ya wellies because as the saying goes its very "Clarty" and you wont need a signpost once the place is opened out you will know where it is... just the old memory not as sharp due to all these lock downs and restrictions...

Thanks John.....I'll try again next time I visit Asda...........hopefully Santa will bring me some wellies.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Whinging about signposting before the place has even been built :rofl: special folk speedway fans!

So sez you ............................whinging ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Wonder if there's any shale going spare as I'm sure it would go down well at scunny for the winter amateurs

as thj says , some shale will b available ( at a price ), but can only de delivered on fFidays  tea times during the season , 

would not give him the skin off me rice pudding 

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Yeah good reasoning that ...........but when your hungry for anything relating to speedway it's just hard to resist.

• Like 2

Sad breaking news looks like gypo c#nts have caused lots of damage around the venue :wink: got to feel for Andrew and all the helper's.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

33 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Why do they target northside so often?!!

5 days ago they broke down barriers that were stopping access to Northside area, now gypos are back (after been off for a couple of months) and this weekend lots of damage caused, make your own mind up who caused it !!! And the local police are doing an impression of French police in Calais.  I see nothing :wink: