British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

its a shame this is happening @ northside . the question i would ask is just where are the these people taking their scrap  . they either sell it onto another scrappy so as not being in the paper trail or the scrap merchant ( local or not ) turns a blind eye and says nowt .

second question  is , if and when this gets sorted out and speedway returns . just where do the fans park their cars/vans etc on race nights . it will be christmas for the gypos every night the speedway is on .it needs sorted or it will be poorly supported .

can they not build a Trump style fence around the area ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jenga said:

its a shame this is happening @ northside . the question i would ask is just where are the these people taking their scrap  . they either sell it onto another scrappy so as not being in the paper trail or the scrap merchant ( local or not ) turns a blind eye and says nowt .

second question  is , if and when this gets sorted out and speedway returns . just where do the fans park their cars/vans etc on race nights . it will be christmas for the gypos every night the speedway is on .it needs sorted or it will be poorly supported .

can they not build a Trump style fence around the area ?

Probably dodgy scap dealers, proper ones now only seem to pay into a bank account and not in cash. 

• Like 2

Terrible news, keep the faith

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well Well Well… oh ye of little faith eh... I didn't think it could be done but here you go...

News hot off the press so to speak...

The travellers have been evicted (again)... the gates have been repaired and locked (again)... there are now CCTV cameras in operation (good)... and three of our little friends have been arrested and locked up and another two are on the run (Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas)... so there you go three nil to the police and two off the crossbar... nice when a plan comes together and the boys in blue get a result...

Carlsberg don't do News Flashes but if they did... (and its official I will be smiling all day)

Regards
THJ

Probably taking the cash machine has been a lucky break for all concerned. 

Absolutely brutal. Hope can get something in place to stop it happening again. Minor point, why can't they use comets name? 

Locally there are often spates of pernsioners' bungelows' electricity being disconncted from the mains as lowlifes were stealing some of the actual mains cable form outside the building via the access panel.  A policeman told me that just 2ft or so of this cable would realise £5 or so from a no 'questions asked scrap dealer'.  Increased number of elcertic charge points will mean Christmas all year round for such folk, a point never mentioned when promoting EVs.  Heard on local news a dozen or so bungalows were 'hit' again last night, electric cables were literally were ripped out so folk with no electricity likely until tomorrow morning, police attended but the lowlifes were naturally long gone, likely next-to-nothing would happen to them even if caught.  So yeah it does happen but hopfully Northside will be ok from now, digits crossed....

I don't think your spirit level is doing its job going by the picture of block laying. ;) :oops:

22 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Probably taking the cash machine has been a lucky break for all concerned. 

Possibly but it wasn't a very clever idea to set fire to a pole with two 11KV transformers on it and live 11KV cables either... the cost of these and the damage they caused and the works that will be needed to be done to reinstate them will probably cost more than what they got out of the cash machine and the cost putting that thing back in; it was going to cost the thick end of 60K just to have it moved 30 metres shortening the cables and using the same transformers... that will be in excess of 100k now to resolve that little problem... so the only good thing to come out of this is the "Scum" have removed a viewing obstacle for free as it wasn't going anywhere fast at those prices just getting a padded jacket fitted... 

21 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Absolutely brutal. Hope can get something in place to stop it happening again. Minor point, why can't they use comets name? 

Well there's a story that will cause some debate... The new promotion were being asked a silly amount of money to retain the Comets name which is a bit rich when it was Ian Thomas who came up with it and I don't think it is has a copyright on it; however I don't know what is in the BSPL rule book regarding club names and who ultimately owns them... someone may know...

But hey ho stick my vote down for Workington Warriors... or Workington Barbarians...or as matey boy up at Berwick used to say the Comics of Workington and they will still be able to use the big blue "C" logo...

Go Workington Comics.... and after all old Captain "Windbush" Comet would look splendid in a "clown outfit" he's already got the big red nose... Go on Andy I dare you... PMSL...

Regards
THJ

PS. Alan we all love you really... (or is it now Coco)

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling, Spell Check and Eyesight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Possibly but it wasn't a very clever idea to set fire to a pole with two 11KV transformers on it and live 11KV cables either... the cost of these and the damage they caused and the works that will be needed to be done to reinstate them will probably cost more than what they got out of the cash machine and the cost putting that thing back in; it was going to cost the thick end of 60K just to have it moved 30 metres shortening the cables and using the same transformers... that will be in excess of 100k now to resolve that little problem... so the only good thing to come out of this is the "Scum" have removed a viewing obstacle for free as it wasn't going anywhere fast at those prices just getting a padded jacket fitted... 

Well there's a story that will cause some debate... The new promotion were being asked a silly amount of money to retain the Comets name which is a bit rich when it was Ian Thomas who came up with it and I don't think it is has a copywrite on it; however I don't know what is in the BSPL rule book regarding club names and who ultimately owns them... someone may know...

But hey ho stick my vote down for Workington Warriors... or Workington Barbarians...or as matey boy up at Berwick used to say the Comics of Workington and they will still be able to use the big blue "C" logo...

Go Workington Comics.... and after all old Captain "Windbush" Comet would look splendid in a "clown outfit" he's already got the big red nose... Go on Andy I dare you... PMSL...

Regards
THJ

PS. Alan we all love you really... (or is it now Coco)

Are IOW not called the Warriors? Maybe the Wildcats,  used to be used by Weymouth when they ran for a while. 

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well Well Well… oh ye of little faith eh... I didn't think it could be done but here you go...

News hot off the press so to speak...

The travellers have been evicted (again)... the gates have been repaired and locked (again)... there are now CCTV cameras in operation (good)... and three of our little friends have been arrested and locked up and another two are on the run (Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas)... so there you go three nil to the police and two off the crossbar... nice when a plan comes together and the boys in blue get a result...

Carlsberg don't do News Flashes but if they did... (and its official I will be smiling all day)

Regards
THJ

Absolutely brilliant news. Good luck to everyone concerned in this venture

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Why oh why cant we use the "comets" name ?

why dont we call them thr workington cornets . i have used that wording for years and so far only 1 person has spotted it as the word cornets  . what about lakers ?.

or fields n sheep .baa baa humbug ...

Edited by jenga