British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

Name the team after one of the other reindeers' then? 

Unless a Reindeer is a type of Stag in which case Scunny will probably veto it.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Lefty
Diplomacy
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Ffs can't you lot ever give it a rest it will be who ever owns the rights to the name so more than likely Laura Morgan who closed the club down .:angry:

No it's all Godfreys fault :D  if a club goes pop the assets revert to bspa or whatever it's called now, to hopefully pay off any debt.  Who is the head of bspa ?? Oh Mr Godfrey it is then :D

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Probably Godfrey and co looking for a pay day !! How can Oxford come back using the cheaters name but Workington can't use the comets ???

Oxford will be racing at their historical home so it is their name to use.

Im not sure where Northside is but as long as they represent the town of Workington - unless someone owns the name legally that is.

How about the Workington Ospreys,  have they not been reintroduced somewhere not that far from Workington ?

15 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Ffs can't you lot ever give it a rest it will be who ever owns the rights to the name so more than likely Laura Morgan who closed the club down .:angry:

13 hours ago, GWC said:

Oxford will be racing at their historical home so it is their name to use.

Im not sure where Northside is but as long as they represent the town of Workington - unless someone owns the name legally that is.

Like I stated earlier the Comets name isn't copyright and it's not a registered trademark so why are the BSPL looking for a fee from it... no one owns it...I'm not even sure they are following their own guidelines...

I can sort of see where they might be coming from with the regulation put up by @Marksman  're Chapter 14 Junior Leagues but all they should have said is once you come back into the Champ or Prem you can use the Comets name please use something else for now... after all the junior team was always called the Meteors.... when they had two teams...

However in recent times when Brum and Eastie dropped down a league did they drop their main club name? I'm not sure but I don't think so... so I honestly can't see the argument and how they .can enforce it... When Belle Vue moved venues did they change their name... there are precedents to support Workington to be called the Comets that would stand a legal test...

Think the BSPL are shooting themselves it the foot with this one... but at the end of the day a name change wouldn't bother me one bit and certainly wouldn't stop me from attending meetings...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling, Spell Check and Eyesight
  • Like 2

thats it , ive got it . its just got to be the Northside  jam eaters .(enter thj)

• Sad 1

Workington 'Cash Cows'................with an 'ATM' on race jacket.

or more seriously.......Workington Phoenix.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

However in recent times when Brum and Eastie dropped down a league did they drop their main club name? I'm not sure but I don't think so...

Both kept their "Brummies" and "Eagles" names.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Both kept their "Brummies" and "Eagles" names.

So there you go and numerous clubs have moved venue and retained their historical names so naughty BSPL I would say

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So there you go and numerous clubs have moved venue and retained their historical names so naughty BSPL I would say

Regards
THJ

Swop naughty for short sighted stupidity, but what's new there. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, jenga said:

thats it , ive got it . its just got to be the Northside  jam eaters .(enter thj)

But we are the ' jameaters'.... frae 'haven marra......

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, jenga said:

Sorry Jenga all jam eaters live Whitehaven end marra !!:party:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

But we are the ' jameaters'.... frae 'haven marra......

Of course every one knows Whitehaven is the town of jam eaters :party:

17 minutes ago, Neila said:

Of course every one knows Whitehaven is the town of jam eaters :party:

Seems like I can't escape being a jameater........reside in Whitehaven......and a (almost) lifelong Worky Town supporter, and Comets of course......so no jammy dodging for me on all counts.

• Like 1