British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

On 12/20/2021 at 8:53 PM, cityrebel said:

Both. Weymouth were also the Scorchers, Royals and Eagles!

The Workington Scorchers would be amazing!:cheers:

Bradford were another club to have multiple names! I can remember their team being Boomerangs, Tudors, Panthers, Northern, Barons, and Dukes - and probably by ba couple more names that I've forgotten!

5 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

Bradford were another club to have multiple names! I can remember their team being Boomerangs, Tudors, Panthers, Northern, Barons, and Dukes - and probably by ba couple more names that I've forgotten!

One year I went they were called the 'SEKUD'...

Well. '09 SEKUD' to be precise...

At least that was how the signs that the cheerleaders held up read when the centre green presenter had asked them to show us on the back straight what they were holding up to the main stand on the home straight.... :D

Top notch presentation....

And has it got much better? 

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/9/2022 at 2:47 PM, mikebv said:

At least that was how the signs that the cheerleaders held up read when the centre green presenter had asked them to show us on the back straight what they were holding up to the main stand on the home straight.... :D

;)

Love it!

On 1/9/2022 at 2:47 PM, mikebv said:

;)

Following Glasgow, in the 1960's. girls on the centre green with boards T-I-G-E-R-S problem was when they turned to face the back straight and showed S-R-E-G-I-T.

• Haha 2

Just had some very sad news today when informed of the passing of long time Comets (Meteors and Diamonds) fan and sponsor Sue Roper

RIP Aunty Sue.... Thoughts are with her family at this very sad time...

Regards
John

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

3 hours ago, bigdave said:

Update from Steve Lawson this morning on Twitter about the progress at Northside:

https://twitter.com/stevelaws1uk/status/1485526485565939712?t=Ax8EnAjexbvb54prTRFhRg&s=09

Northside Jan 2022.jpg

Is it an optical illusion or is there quite a slope from the far bend to the one closest to the camera? Looks good whatever. 

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Just had some very sad news today when informed of the passing of long time Comets (Meteors and Diamonds) fan and sponsor Sue Roper

RIP Aunty Sue.... Thoughts are with her family at this very sad time...

Regards
John

Yes heard this a few hours ago, a big support to Workington Speedway over many years and sponsor and friend to many, many riders.

Sad news indeed, thoughts with the family.

yes RIP Aunty Sue --a lovely lady with a heart of gold 

Sad news . Thoughts with daughter Terri and the family 

Edited by Speedway fan

53 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Is it an optical illusion or is there quite a slope from the far bend to the one closest to the camera? Looks good whatever. 

yes optical illusion it’s as flat as a pancake 

Anyone know if steve still has the moto x track on his farm , grandkids have no where to ride there bikes ?

3 hours ago, mac101 said:

yes optical illusion it’s as flat as a pancake 

Not quite the picture was taken on bend one looking down the straight to bend four... the bends are banked slightly... but ya right it is a flat as a Japs feyess... as me Maryport Marra says...

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Anyone know if steve still has the moto x track on his farm , grandkids have no where to ride there bikes ?

Yes he has but ask permission first just so he knows who is there... don't want any mishaps....

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1