British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

At the risk of suggesting the obvious: I assume the Northside / Workington promotion have had a long chat with Rob Godfrey re; ending their vandalism problems.  Scunny suffered similar issues a few years back but they were sorted out and no longer occur, as far as I know, sure hope not.  Good luck to all at Northside / Workington....

On 1/27/2022 at 8:23 PM, mikebv said:

Can't believe they didnt base the dimensions on those of a Cycle Speedway track...

that was tried with Costa Mesa :D

42 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Anyone know when auntie sue's funeral is??

Tomorrow 12pm St. John’s  church Workington 

Edited by topaz325
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2022 at 8:06 AM, OveFundinFan said:

Maybe just photo angle, but the bends don’t seem very wide.

Interesting take...I see two tractors side by side with enough room for another 4/5! It only needs to fit 4 bikes in

27 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Interesting take...I see two tractors side by side with enough room for another 4/5! It only needs to fit 4 bikes in

I believe the track is the same widths as BV.

On 2/1/2022 at 2:08 PM, martinmauger said:

At the risk of suggesting the obvious: I assume the Northside / Workington promotion have had a long chat with Rob Godfrey re; ending their vandalism problems.  Scunny suffered similar issues a few years back but they were sorted out and no longer occur, as far as I know, sure hope not.  Good luck to all at Northside / Workington....

Yeah with it being sort of 'off the beaten track' (no puns intended) it's perhaps vulnerable to the odd unfriendly visit.......and like you though ..I sure hope not.!!!!!!

28 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

All subject to (minor) change of course but its about where it is going to be...

So if the riders want to go round the boards they will really have to go full throttle at it and wind it on...

Should be a really fast track with plenty of racing and passing lines that is for sure...

Here's hoping...

Regards
THJ

It looks good on the pics, and your detail seems fine THJ......must check it out visually, if can find it, on my next ASDA trip.

I assume the banking seen on pics will be for the speccies - with the 1200 seats purchased to be divided between both straights.....anyway roll on the first action....

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The latest measurements hot off the press (and I will be back round with the wheel next week to confirm it again) 

Inside Line on the kerb 299 metres
Outside Line on the boards 410 metres
Straights 13.5 metres wide
Bends 18.5 metres wide
Camber on Bends 8%

All subject to (minor) change of course but its about where it is going to be...

So if the riders want to go round the boards they will really have to go full throttle at it and wind it on...

Should be a really fast track with plenty of racing and passing lines that is for sure...

Here's hoping...

Regards
THJ

That looks a perfect size length/width etc. What's amazing is if someone wound it on and rode most of the race near the boards ( unlikely I know) distance wise could be nearly an extra lap against someone riding the white line! Bet some of the brave on the boards riders like Chris Harris will love coming here, especially if it's a bit grippy . 

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The latest measurements hot off the press (and I will be back round with the wheel next week to confirm it again) 

Inside Line on the kerb 299 metres
Outside Line on the boards 410 metres
Straights 13.5 metres wide
Bends 18.5 metres wide
Camber on Bends 8%

Here's hoping...

Regards
THJ

Sounds like much same dimensions as Glasgow (the messiahs last track project) since his work the track been brilliant as several racing lines and loads of passing

• Like 1

Interesting that this track is exactly the same size as Poole. Looking forward to visiting. I am up in Cumbria in June. Anything scheduled?

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Interesting that this track is exactly the same size as Poole. Looking forward to visiting. I am up in Cumbria in June. Anything scheduled?

I think it’s july, August initially pencilled in .

Good turn out for Aunty Sues funeral, with a Speedway bike on a truck leading the procession after the church service and Radetzky march played on leaving the church.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Sounds like much same dimensions as Glasgow (the messiahs last track project) since his work the track been brilliant as several racing lines and loads of passing

Shane Parker was the Messiha, Steve Lawson is God.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Shane Parker was the Messiha, Steve Lawson is God.

Given mean more or less same thing seems bit petty to pick holes in it. But whatever boats your float :D