Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

15 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Right next to the track and there should be enough room to fit 200/250 cars on it (as long as the track doesn't get any bigger) and there will be an overspill car park for around 500 vehicles within 500 metres then within another 1000 metres there will be another couple of hundred spaces so the last problem anyone should have is with parking.

Regards
THJ 

Just hope those "travellers" dont show up to dig it all back up :t:

4 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Hopefully the only travelers will be fans from miles around coming to witness the rebirth of the comets :D

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, geoff100 said:

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Hopefully the only travelers will be fans from miles around coming to witness the rebirth of the comets :D

There may be someone living there full time... possibly...

Steve Lawson is there that much he's just about living there now...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

Honestly 

Turned up to a Workington and Cockermouth Hound Trailing do in a spot called Twiname Club in Brigham? World's End? Anyway hadn't been in the spot ten minutes and three different folk have asked me when is the Speedway starting back up... and that they can't wait to see the sport back in town...

Couldn't make it up... only in Cumbria... 

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

So a got to the semi final of the "egg dump" WTF... me first ever...  an what do you know "egg dump" abandoned... competitors "seven shades to the wind"... and there has been the accusation.that someone is using a pot egg rather than a paste egg... apparently a big scandal... ave seen nowt like this in all my nacho... these underpants will never dry... what a laugh...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

is it still the same wee wooden hut ?  used to play pool in yonder for my local team in the tartan and district pool league . happy folk and a good craic .

• Like 1

If Workington will be back in Speedway and also Reading it will be wonderful for speedway fans lot happy:D

5 minutes ago, speed29 said:

If Workington will be back in Speedway and also Reading it will be wonderful for speedway fans lot happy:D

what's happening at Reading? Have i missed something?

• Like 1

its been shut down since 2008, its very sad it was gone. but there always be rumored that they might returned in the future????.  

41 minutes ago, speed29 said:

its been shut down since 2008, its very sad it was gone. but there always be rumored that they might returned in the future????.  

well i know that, thought there must be progress. The land is still there, untouched as far as i can see

21 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So a got to the semi final of the "egg dump" WTF... me first ever...  an what do you know "egg dump" abandoned... competitors "seven shades to the wind"... and there has been the accusation.that someone is using a pot egg rather than a paste egg... apparently a big scandal... ave seen nowt like this in all my nacho... these underpants will never dry... what a laugh...

Regards 

THJ

Can't beat a good egg dump !!! In the distant past when said clubs were full of miners and farmers lots of betting done on egg dumps , so you can imagine all the carrying on when money was at stake :D

• Haha 1

@TotallyHonestJohn

So what's happening. I know you are involved in Workington now and I respect and am so impressed with everything you've done over there and I can't wait to go visit the new venue, as I done many laps of the old, tiny Northside track myself as a rider

BUT

Are you still going to be a regular at the Diamonds, or has that ship sailed? Would be really good to see you back at Brough, as I think it's going to be another year of struggle for us :(

I may even come introduce myself and buy you a pint and a pie, just as appreciation for all your efforts over the decades.

Many thanks :t:

• Like 1

@Diamonds85

Thanks for the offer of the beer but as stated in a previous post on the Diamonds thread I have cut my ties with Newcastle... and with Speedway in general for the current time to be fair...  also I am not directly involved at Worky I just know; appreciate and respect the guys who are doing all the hard work at Northside and help out now and then when required... which might change a bit when the electrics need doing possibly...

So far this season I have knocked back corporate tickets for the Belle Vue Peter Craven meeting; the Redcar V Newcastle meeting with DVR; the Cardiff GP and a European GP... which is difficult for a guy who would normally turn up.to the opening of a Greggs bag just to see if there was owt in there for him... I have had the full enjoyment I used to get from the sport sucked out of me...

So I am having a sabbatical from Speedway... saving some cash and probably going to go back to.the football a bit more home and away now that Ashley has gone...

Regards 

John

5 hours ago, Neila said:

Can't beat a good egg dump !!! In the distant past when said clubs were full of miners and farmers lots of betting done on egg dumps , so you can imagine all the carrying on when money was at stake :D

Funny you should mention that as a book was opened on one contest between two guys and both were even money... I thought it was a wind up...

Not sure what was taken cash wise don't think it was much but the guy running the book was apparently a well known Worky bookmaker taking the bets...

Never heard of an egg dump before let alone participated in one but what a laugh especially as everyone was hammered with the drink... good night out... local Maryport lass singing: enough buffet to feed the Border Regiment; late bar and a canny pint... couldn't ask for much more really

Regards 

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word