Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

18 hours ago, ch958 said:

what's happening at Reading? Have i missed something?

We are still trying to find possible sites in Reading... Smallmead is a definite no even though nothing has been built on it.

Unfortunately there isnt anything to report to get excited about, any return to Reading still looks to be some time away.

5 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

@Diamonds85

Thanks for the offer of the beer but as stated in a previous post on the Diamonds thread I have cut my ties with Newcastle... and with Speedway in general for the current time to be fair...  also I am not directly involved at Worky I just know; appreciate and respect the guys who are doing all the hard work at Northside and help out now and then when required... which might change a bit when the electrics need doing possibly...

So far this season I have knocked back corporate tickets for the Belle Vue Peter Craven meeting; the Redcar V Newcastle meeting with DVR; the Cardiff GP and a European GP... which is difficult for a guy who would normally turn up.to the opening of a Greggs bag just to see if there was owt in there for him... I have had the full enjoyment I used to get from the sport sucked out of me...

So I am having a sabbatical from Speedway... saving some cash and probably going to go back to.the football a bit more home and away now that Ashley has gone...

Regards 

John

I understand and respect your decision. I knew you cut your ties with the club officially, but I didn't know if you were going to come to the odd meeting this season just purely as a spectator or not. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do in the future. Enjoy your football and hope to see you back on the speedway scene again one day :t:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

@Diamonds85

Thanks for the offer of the beer but as stated in a previous post on the Diamonds thread I have cut my ties with Newcastle... and with Speedway in general for the current time to be fair...  also I am not directly involved at Worky I just know; appreciate and respect the guys who are doing all the hard work at Northside and help out now and then when required... which might change a bit when the electrics need doing possibly...

So far this season I have knocked back corporate tickets for the Belle Vue Peter Craven meeting; the Redcar V Newcastle meeting with DVR; the Cardiff GP and a European GP... which is difficult for a guy who would normally turn up.to the opening of a Greggs bag just to see if there was owt in there for him... I have had the full enjoyment I used to get from the sport sucked out of me...

So I am having a sabbatical from Speedway... saving some cash and probably going to go back to.the football a bit more home and away now that Ashley has gone...

Regards 

John

Its in your blood john dont give it up :t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Funny you should mention that as a book was opened on one contest between two guys and both were even money... I thought it was a wind up...

Not sure what was taken cash wise don't think it was much but the guy running the book was apparently a well known Worky bookmaker taking the bets...

Never heard of an egg dump before let alone participated in one but what a laugh especially as everyone was hammered with the drink... good night out... local Maryport lass singing: enough buffet to feed the Border Regiment; late bar and a canny pint... couldn't ask for much more really

Regards 

THJ

Honestly John it all went on in the past !! At one time you could take your own egg to the dump, that meant all sorts of under hand things going on, from pot eggs to eggs covered in nail polish etc. To stop it getting out of hand the club/pub boiled the eggs ( in onion skins to make them brown ) then sold them to make the pot.

glad you enjoyed the traditions of West Cumbria marra :D. Neil 

Ps as Geoff said speedway is in your blood don't give it up. Just turn up in disguise so you won't be recognised :D

Edited by Neila
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

@Diamonds85

Regards 

John

speedway is a drug , once you have tasted it you cannot go too long without having a wee sniff

all you got to do now is give up the booze and takeaways 

our thoughts are with you !

38 minutes ago, jenga said:

speedway is a drug , once you have tasted it you cannot go too long without having a wee sniff

Anyone who could bottle the smell of "castrol r " on a burning hot "jap" engine would make a fortune !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Anyone who could bottle the smell of "castrol r " on a burning hot "jap" engine would make a fortune !

if  you can get some castrol r40 oil and put it on one of the sent burners with the candle underneath  that you get for the house and it will give you that smell just dint put too much in the top of the dish thou 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jenga said:

Jenga I am having a sabbatical not joining a monastery... give up drink!!!... give ya head a shake man...

Regards 

THJ

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So why can I upload this old picture but not my latest one?

Doing my nut in this is!!!

IMG-20211115-WA0017.thumb.jpg.e7dd2f610111f2cac485ad2107f65292.jpg

Ye need a new phone? :t:

• Haha 1

Here we go; latest shot from Northside and I done my first white line ever on Saturday 

Like them Politicians I have finally had to admit to it...

Took some painting in but total satisfaction for me and Brad Haughin...

A can see how them Politicians and Footballers like doing them white lines its very calming for the soul...

Regards
THJ

20220416_153100_resized.jpg.ce4730eccd20a0f4e891fb16d630e2c0.jpg

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word
  • Like 3