British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

7 hours ago, Neila said:

But was it 3, 4 or 5 laps THJ :D

Deffo 4 laps Neil... Steve was hoping to beat 80 seconds and not show himself up and he rode a blinder for that 66.24 which is now the time to beat... the current track record...

We will get him out again at the start of the first meeting hopefully and he will tighten that up by a couple of more seconds for sure... he also had a start out of each gate and tried a few lines out around the track and confirmed there are multiple racing lines around the the place...

For me it's a bit like the Somerset track with a sprinkling of Sheffild and Redcar... once the young guns get on there I can see regular race times of 55 to 56 seconds for the 298 metre track...

Gonna offer a bit of excitement that's for sure...

6 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Depends if THJ was a tad hungowa

No hangover here buddy I was doing my bit for the war in Ukraine and was drinking that Ukrainian lager and its a nice drink... ASDA 10 cams 10 quid 4.8% and needs to be cold from the fridge... also a donation goes to the Ukrainian Humanitarian effort... I will be back there tomorrow night for a couple of more boxes... they have definitey found an easy way for me to support a cause that's for sure...

Regards 

THJ

2 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No hangover here buddy I was doing my bit for the war in Ukraine and was drinking that Ukrainian lager and its a nice drink... ASDA 10 cams 10 quid 4.8% and needs to be cold from the fridge... also a donation goes to the Ukrainian Humanitarian effort... I will be back there tomorrow night for a couple of more boxes... they have definitey found an easy way for me to support a cause that's for sure...

Regards 

THJ

Do they do Ukrainian cider?

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, jrs said:

Certainly looks like a good smooth spacious track. Congratulations to all that have worked on the project so far, it’s looking good !  Hopefully it will  never see banger racing or stox .

Why wouldn’t you want bangers or stox at the track ?

So given the tremendous progress that's been made thoughts must be turning to getting licensed and operating.

Is it still NL for 2023? There was a suggestion there might be a 'soft opening' with a BYC round possibly this season.

Another view...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

So given the tremendous progress that's been made thoughts must be turning to getting licensed and operating.

Is it still NL for 2023? There was a suggestion there might be a 'soft opening' with a BYC round possibly this season.

Start next season I believe in NL.

29 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Start next season I believe in NL.

Super Steve could be in the Team!!

Just for interest and for our Glasgow friends with a good memory the chap standing in field on the second bend was Jackson Irving... I offered to hold the dogs while he had a spin but he was slightly worse for wear...(and politely declined)

https://blantyreproject.com/2019/03/1986-blantyre-speedway/#:~:text=paulveverka-,3,-years ago

Regards

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Just for interest and for our Glasgow friends with a good memory the chap standing in field on the second bend was Jackson Irving... I offered to hold the dogs while he had a spin but he was slightly worse for wear...(and politely declined)

https://blantyreproject.com/2019/03/1986-blantyre-speedway/#:~:text=paulveverka-,3,-years ago

Regards

THJ

Steve and Jacko will help us fit Bewley under the points limit for next season ;)

• Like 1

Not forgetting big Leggy, I,m sure Steve said on a recent podcast question best team mate..” Jacko Irving”.

Edited by topaz325
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards

THJ

Makes the man even more of a legend the level of mince he had to carry for so many years, particularly Blantyre era. Would've walked into any side but was always loyal to the stripes. 

Thankfully I was but a nipper during those years and earliest memories are from shawfield!!

Remember Jacko having a spin at a testimonial or anniversary meeting, but will be a fair while ago now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Makes the man even more of a legend the level of mince he had to carry for so many years, particularly Blantyre era. Would've walked into any side but was always loyal to the stripes. 

Thankfully I was but a nipper during those years and earliest memories are from shawfield!!

Remember Jacko having a spin at a testimonial or anniversary meeting, but will be a fair while ago now

Jacko rode for the Tigers at Shawfield. Opening night in 1988 he was at reserve with the legend Shane Bowes.

• Like 1

Be great to see Worky back. Some great memories watching them race 2004/5...Stoney, Steady etc.,