British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Falcon1983

What riders may come back to UK in 2020?

Lets have a list of semi-realistic ones please who you think may return to the UK or make a first appearance in the UK - as we need to boost numbers if the top division is expanding to 8-10 teams and we need more riders to stop doubling up

Here are a few suggests to get started....

1. Chris Holder

2. Pontus Aspgren

3. Anders Thomsen

4. Peter Ljung

5. Andzejs Lebedevs

6. Krzysztof Buczkowski

7. Mikkel Michelsen

8. Szymon Wozniak

9. Oliver Berntzon

10. Kai Huckenbeck

11. Max Dilger

12. Pawel Przedpelski

13. Jurica Pavlic

14. Vaclav Milik

15. Linus Sundstrom

16. Mikkel Bech

17. Jan Kvech

18. Michael Hartel

Who would you want to see, where would you want them to go and who do you think "no chance" to?

40 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Is it just a straight swap between Sheffield and Poole now then FFS 

To be honest I don't know, but that's what I'm guessing. I cant see why any other team would move up, unless Buster is throwing money into it. 

I could imagine that Peter Kildemand might be tempted to return here to try and rebuild his broken career.

45 minutes ago, HenryW said:

I could imagine that Peter Kildemand might be tempted to return here to try and rebuild his broken career.

That’s exactly the type of rider we don’t need back, good rider but only coming back for easy money 

8 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

That’s exactly the type of rider we don’t need back, good rider but only coming back for easy money 

So what do you suggest riders come over here for? The love of it? 

5 minutes ago, wtf said:

So what do you suggest riders come over here for? The love of it? 

Dont  care what they come for, just what they can bring and Kildermand don’t bring a lot now

1 hour ago, Red Flag said:

To be honest, if he was to come back I would expect it to be for track time and an opportunity to rebuild confidence rather than purely money.

56 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Dont  care what they come for, just what they can bring and Kildermand don’t bring a lot now

That seems a bit harsh. 

He's far from his best of a few years ago but he's still better than a lot of what raced in the league here this year...and he doesn't just do it all from the gate!

Edited by HenryW
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Jonas Jeppesen 

If only he could gate, exciting to watch though, would suit a track like Sheffield 

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

If only he could gate, exciting to watch though, would suit a track like Sheffield 

Would love to see him at our place. Most eye-catching rider in the U21s

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

don't think he really got a fair crack at ippo the other season, I'm sure his gating can/has improved somewhat - especially seeing some of his impressive scores on the continent this year, could be a trump card imo coming in likely on a 4