British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spiegal

gp challenge 2020

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

He won`t want to be bothered- if he finishes outside the top 6 in the GP`s he`s guaranteed a FIM wildcard.

Can you be sure ?.  Injury played its part last season but he didn't pull up any trees.  He got double digits once in a GP.    I'm a big fan of GB's Woffy but he has a big task to stay top 5 this season.

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Can you be sure ?.  Injury played its part last season but he didn't pull up any trees.  He got double digits once in a GP.    I'm a big fan of GB's Woffy but he has a big task to stay top 5 this season.

Top 5- he will be be top 3 - no problems

• Like 2

4 hours ago, iris123 said:

You would :D

I bet you’d pick Covatti over Lahti ”for the greater good” if you had the power... :o :lol: :lol:

9 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

I bet you’d pick Covatti over Lahti ”for the greater good” if you had the power... :o :lol: :lol:

Nah. He’d get my vote just for giving me a lift in Pardubice down to the steakhouse :party: That crazy couple sitting behind that had a fight !!!

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Nah. He’d get my vote just for giving me a lift in Pardubice down to the steakhouse :party: That crazy couple sitting behind that had a fight !!!

A night to remember! A proper Czech working man giving feedback to his woman for not getting a good enough meal... :(

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, r77toy said:

Broc Nicol has been invited to represent the US

Think Becker would have been a better choice

• Like 1

Surprised at the choice. Becker has more experience and is a more accomplished rider.

On 7/24/2020 at 12:15 PM, f-s-p said:

I'd say they have to pick Lahti now to the challenge.

Gotta go with the National Champion, surely :rolleyes::D

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HenryW said:

Gotta go with the National Champion, surely :rolleyes::D

No. ;)

later edit: and I think names have already been sent to FIM.

Edited by f-s-p

11 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

Surprised at the choice. Becker has more experience and is a more accomplished rider.

Even more surprising as there was a qualifying round in January and Becker finished ahead of Nicol.

https://www.speedwaybikes.com/res2020_w/Perris-20200111b.htm

Edited by arnieg

7 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Maybe the rider doesn’t want the meeting ?

Quite possibly. I doubt Janniro would want to come over and both Becker and Nicol expected to be riding in Europe.

I can't see (& don't trust) the BSPA to have either the foresight or ability to pull this off. But with Lambert qualified, Tai surely having no interest in traipsing to Croatia for a meeting he will, at a bare minimum, expect to not need and the only other British rider currently riding (Bewley) injured and back home. This presents a brilliant chance to salvage something from 2020:

A one-off, behind closed doors, 'British Qualifier' for the spot in Gorican, which can be streamed online.   

4 hours ago, Welwyn said:

I can't see (& don't trust) the BSPA to have either the foresight or ability to pull this off. But with Lambert qualified, Tai surely having no interest in traipsing to Croatia for a meeting he will, at a bare minimum, expect to not need and the only other British rider currently riding (Bewley) injured and back home. This presents a brilliant chance to salvage something from 2020:

A one-off, behind closed doors, 'British Qualifier' for the spot in Gorican, which can be streamed online.   

Nah, they will just pick Chris Harris. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1