British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spiegal

gp challenge 2020

53 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I have also been told by someone who should know that the meeting will also be  livestreamed. 

Excellent :)

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I have also been told by someone who should know that the meeting will also be  livestreamed. 

Worse line up ever and they decide to live stream it, strange!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, iand said:

People have been moaning about not being able to watch it- so the FIM have listened and you don`t like it !!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

People have been moaning about not being able to watch it- so the FIM have listened and you don`t like it !!!

Never said I didn't like it.

3 hours ago, iand said:

It is the worst line up ever.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It is the worst line up ever.

Given the circumstances, it is difficult to see how they could have put a different system in place whilst maintaining fairness to riders across the world.

Yes there are a number of riders in the field, who would never have made it to a GP Challenge, but I have less objection to those being there than the likes of Fricke and Zagar, who are already in the GP system.

To be honest, I'm pretty shocked that Motorcycling Australia could not/would not find another Aussie who wanted to do the meeting.

20 minutes ago, moomin man 76 said:

Given the circumstances, it is difficult to see how they could have put a different system in place whilst maintaining fairness to riders across the world.

Yes there are a number of riders in the field, who would never have made it to a GP Challenge, but I have less objection to those being there than the likes of Fricke and Zagar, who are already in the GP system.

To be honest, I'm pretty shocked that Motorcycling Australia could not/would not find another Aussie who wanted to do the meeting.

Agree regarding Fricke and Zagar, also can’t believe KK as Poland’s rep.

23 minutes ago, moomin man 76 said:

Why shouldn`t Fricke be in it just because he`s in the GP`s ?? he unless there is a miracle won`t finish in the GP top 6 so could be out on his ear. This gives him a chance to be back in 2021(same applies to Zagar- who certainly has a better chance of a top 6 spot although un-likely).

Anyone who thinks Adam Ellis has peaked needs a medical check!

Constant and consistent improver, already better rider than Worralls, Cook has great ability but seems to have vanished off media, Charles Wright probably deserved spot but other than that  Adam surely the next in line.

A few names in there would struggle to be 2nd string in Championship - indeed Broc Nichol has struggled to be 2nd string in CL 5.16 average!!! (identical to Simon Lambert and Kyle Newman - they must be aggrieved)

34 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Why shouldn`t Fricke be in it just because he`s in the GP`s ?? he unless there is a miracle won`t finish in the GP top 6 so could be out on his ear. This gives him a chance to be back in 2021(same applies to Zagar- who certainly has a better chance of a top 6 spot although un-likely).

Given the circumstances would it not have been better to scrap the challenge this year as all the riders are in same position as Fricke and go with same riders next year.There are a number of riders not being given a fair chance of qualifying this year with challenge being a straight Final

Edited by Fromafar

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Given the circumstances would it not have been better to scrap the challenge this year as all the riders are in same position as Fricke and go with same riders next year.There are a number of riders not being given a fair chance of qualifying this year with challenge being a straight Final

Yes that would have been better, however with the new rule that the  SEC champion gets  in from this year i suppose they felt they had to try and include it.

36 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I wouldn't have them there as it effectively gives them two opportunities to do the business on the track (as well as the possibility of a wild card), whereas others only have one.

Less so with Slovenia, but with Australia, there is no shortage of riders who could have ridden in the Challenge.

I don't have anything against either rider, but I am hoping that neither finish in the top three of the Challenge, as they still have the chance to earn their place on track in the GP's.

45 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Agree regarding Fricke and Zagar, also can’t believe KK as Poland’s rep.

I was staggered that KK was Poland's representative, as there are plenty of other Poles, who warrant a place more than he does.

However, I believe the Polish Federation honoured their promise to give him the place, on the basis of winning the Polish Golden Helmet last year.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Yes that would have been better, however with the new rule that the  SEC champion gets  in from this year i suppose they felt they had to try and include it.

They could just have given the SEC champ the Wildcard slot.

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

......or even, if they felt compelled to have it, stage it after the GPs

• Like 2