British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spiegal

gp challenge 2020

17 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Lower back pain. I’m waiting on news

Best wishes..

11 minutes ago, moomin man 76 said:

Hopefully all is well; fingers crossed. Adam did himself justice tonight. It was a pity the air fence didn't extend that little bit further.

Short air fences coming off the turn do seem quite common these days but that one looked a bag short at least and an accident waiting to happen, as it proved. Instead of taking out a fence panel with his back after just missing the air fence he should have had a much softer, albeit relatively heavy having bailed out at speed, landing.

Like having 3 bombers in the series at once. 

Edited by Mr Blobby

10 minutes ago, ray c said:

Kasprzak not again 

The Polish 'Bomber'....:D

Crump, Zagar, Kasprzak..

Riders who truly would 'howl' into the tight bends at Kirky Lane faster than anyone else I ever saw..

Yet KK the night after could ride like it was his first week on a Speedway bike. .

A superb rider when he feels like it..

A dreadful one when he doesn't. .

Not sure I've ever seen a rider with such a huge differential margin of capability depending on how he feels mentally on any given night..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Crump, Zagar, Kasprzak..

Riders who truly would 'howl' into the tight bends at Kirky Lane faster than anyone else I ever saw..

Yet KK the night after could ride like it was his first week on a Speedway bike. .

Not sure I've ever seen a rider with such a huge differential margin of capability depending on how he feels mentally on any given night..

Like the euro so poor then 

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Finn Jensen for Leicester, used to drive me mad!

7 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Like having 3 bombers in the series at once. 

Zagar is clearly in the world's top ten at present (look at Ekstraliga averages) so clearly deserves to be in GP. What is bizarre is that he has qualified before turning a wheel in this year's GP.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, iainb said:

Not for me... Loctaev fell off by himself, Berntzon can't control what other riders are doing. Would have liked to have seen Loktaev make it though, just to freshen the series up a bit... Too much mediocrity in there at the moment

Too much mediocrity?

Who are these riders?

Zagar fine, the swede fine as he is exciting but KK.  Nooooo

• Like 2

I really feel for Loktaev. He's a tidy little rider who probably hasn't made the best of his ability so far in his career with his off track indiscretions. 

But to miss out on a GP place by 1 point for two years running must be devastating for him.

I also hope there is some good news about Adam and he hasn't suffered anything too nasty.

10 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Zagar is clearly in the world's top ten at present (look at Ekstraliga averages) so clearly deserves to be in GP. What is bizarre is that he has qualified before turning a wheel in this year's GP.

Another totally different rider when not under pressure..

Could be a real 'spoiler' this year now he has a guaranteed place in 2021..

It shows what fine margins seperate those who ride at the highest level night in, night out, to those who ride better relaxed and look 'world class' for a period of time but can't do it when the pressure truly is on..

All riders at the top level have natural ability based on the very fact they can ride a speedway bike at a level that only 20 to 25 or so in the whole world can truly emulate..

However, only five or so, year in year out, can do it when everything is on the line..

Very similar capabilty at technically and machinery level, but a huge difference mentally..

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HenryW said:

with his off track indiscretions. 

Please, explain, what have I missed?

42 minutes ago, iainb said:

Finn Jensen for Leicester, used to drive me mad!

We had the same problem with him at Birmingham back in the day he'd go out beat Ivan Mauger one race and next race lose to a cabbage by half a lap

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Crump, Zagar, Kasprzak..

Antonio Lindbäck........ 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Fully expect Zagar to finish in a qualifying spot in the actual series giving it to next in line.