British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spiegal

gp challenge 2020

6 hours ago, moomin man 76 said:

I wouldn't have them there as it effectively gives them two opportunities to do the business on the track (as well as the possibility of a wild card), whereas others only have one.

Less so with Slovenia, but with Australia, there is no shortage of riders who could have ridden in the Challenge.

I don't have anything against either rider, but I am hoping that neither finish in the top three of the Challenge, as they still have the chance to earn their place on track in the GP's.

think it was either the Polish Final or the Golden helmet 2019 that decided this years gp qualifiers, euro seeds etc.

6 hours ago, moomin man 76 said:

I was staggered that KK was Poland's representative, as there are plenty of other Poles, who warrant a place more than he does.

However, I believe the Polish Federation honoured their promise to give him the place, on the basis of winning the Polish Golden Helmet last year.

Well Polish speedway isn't just about which riders is the most suitable due to merit but there is also allot of politics involved.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 5:18 PM, racers and royals said:

I have also been told by someone who should know that the meeting will also be  livestreamed. 

ESS play might live stream it. Not seeing any info on the website though. 

Edited by Ghostwalker

57 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

ESS play might live stream it. Not seeing any info on the website though. 

I sensed from the person who told me that as Eleven Sport are showing in Poland- it will be live streamed so that the rest can watch it. Bit like onesport did with the World U 21 championship when Eleven showed the rounds in Poland and we had the meetings streamed via you tube.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 9:38 AM, racers and royals said:

Is Lebedevs likely to be fit to ride ?

Jevgenij Kostigovs replacing him.

19 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Jevgenij Kostigovs replacing him.

Please let Sam Ermolenko be doing the commentary :rofl:

ESS play Sweden  have announced they are showing the challenge for a price of 9,9Euro(around £9) sign up here https://en.elitspeedway.com/artikel/4dd7ake2k-21mi1/watch-the-speedway-gp-challenge-live-on-ess-play

So we know that Eleven Sport Poland are showing live( links will be available)- all we don`t know yet is  how GB viewers can watch the meeting ?

6 hours ago, racers and royals said:

My top 3 of Michelson, Zager and Laguta all meet in Heat1, remember a meeting NLRC 2008 when the 1st 4 riders scored 14,13,12 and 12 Benji Compton won it, Darcy Ward finished 3rd overall with a 3,3,3,FX,3 to his name

On 8/18/2020 at 9:54 PM, Ghostwalker said:

Well Polish speedway isn't just about which riders is the most suitable due to merit but there is also allot of politics involved.

Totally different to svemo. :oops:

11 hours ago, racers and royals said:

ESS play Sweden  have announced they are showing the challenge for a price of 9,9Euro(around £9) sign up here https://en.elitspeedway.com/artikel/4dd7ake2k-21mi1/watch-the-speedway-gp-challenge-live-on-ess-play

So we know that Eleven Sport Poland are showing live( links will be available)- all we don`t know yet is  how GB viewers can watch the meeting ?

9 a bit steep, very steep for a line-up like this! Would it have an English commentary do you think?

Edited by iainb

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

No- it will be in Swedish.

Doesn't sound like great value... I think I'll wait for a link, if there are any, thanks