British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spiegal

gp challenge 2020

22 minutes ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Balls, Adam not had much luck this evening. Did well to get off the bike as quickly as he did. 

Not disgraced himself at all tonight. Decent effort.

Lower back pain. I’m waiting on news

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, iainb said:

It's probably a good case for holding the challenge after the SGP has been completed

I've always said that it baffles me that one

One positive of Berntzon's qualification is there is far less likelihood of Lindback getting another wild card for 2021.

2 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Lower back pain. I’m waiting on news

Hopefully all is well; fingers crossed. Adam did himself justice tonight. It was a pity the air fence didn't extend that little bit further.

Thought it was an entertaining meeting and one that should be live every year.  Not much passing as expected but tense due to importance.

Rotten luck for Ukranian Loktaev who blew it when it mattered. And best wishes for Adam Ellis who came to life after his first two rides and would probably have ended with a decent 7 points if he hadn’t been Polaxed by KK. Hope he’s nothing but sore.

54 minutes ago, iainb said:

Does KK have his brother spannering for him? They look remarkably similar

Yes, twins maybe. Met them in Riga. 

• Like 1

Just now, eric i said:

Dudek and magic less likely to get a wildcard now kasperzak is in.

Magic will be top 5/6.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Thought it was an entertaining meeting and one that should be live every year.  Not much passing as expected but tense due to importance.

Rotten luck for Ukranian Loktaev who blew it when it mattered. And best wishes for Adam Ellis who came to life after his first two rides and would probably have ended with a decent 7 points if he hadn’t been Polaxed by KK. Hope he’s nothing but sore.

I thought there was quite a few passes, better than most polish league I've seen.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, eric i said:

Who s going to replace them 

2 minutes ago, eric i said:

I thought there was quite a few passes, better than most polish league I've seen.

Agree. Enjoyed the different track which required thought, not just throttle. Berntzon was gifted 3 points, when I think Locktaev deserved a place. 

5 minutes ago, eric i said:

I think if either finish outside they are likely to get a wild card pick.

But it means Pi. Pawlicki, Drabik or Smektala are unlikely to get a shot no matter they perform for the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Agree. Enjoyed the different track which required thought, not just throttle. Berntzon was gifted 3 points, when I think Locktaev deserved a place. 

Not for me... Loctaev fell off by himself, Berntzon can't control what other riders are doing. Would have liked to have seen Loktaev make it though, just to freshen the series up a bit... Too much mediocrity in there at the moment

Does anyone else think locktaev fell off a little too easily ? It's a big step to take moving into the gp series