British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spiegal

gp challenge 2020

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Moto Gp in Germany now cancelled ,don’t see any chance of Teterow going ahead.IMO.Also states that German government and regional state government have agreed no major sport events till end of August.

Was actually on tv after the government announcement that Teterow Bergring was cancelled. I just assumed it was the whole weekend, but maybe the promoter just decided to call off the grass track ? But tbh there has been talk for a while that the GO would be moved to Autumn

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.svz.de/sport/lokaler-sport/lokaler-sport-guestrower-anzeiger/Bergring-Speedway-Grand-Prix-und-Guestrow-Rennen-abgesagt-id28036577-amp.html

Edited by iris123

5 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

New date: 22.08 in Gorican

By nomination. No qualifying rounds.

Edited by norbold

2 hours ago, norbold said:

By nomination. No qualifying rounds.

Nominated into qualifier, isn’t it 

9 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Nominated into qualifier, isn’t it 

No- 15 riders put forward by federations plus Jurica Pavlic !! ie Robert Lambert.( although they might wait to see if he wins the SEC)

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

No- 15 riders put forward by federations plus Jurica Pavlic !! ie Robert Lambert.( although they might wait to see if he wins the SEC)

Pavlic again.   No surpises as daddy owns the track but it is dreadful he gets a wild card.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Pavlic again.   No surpises as daddy owns the track but it is dreadful he gets a wild card.

At least he hasn`t already been knocked out this season ;)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

T

yes that’s what I mean

Has it been confirmed which 15 Nations get to nominate a rider for this aside from Croatia?

4 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Has it been confirmed which 15 Nations get to nominate a rider for this aside from Croatia?

No this is from the SGP website

With this year’s SGP qualifying rounds cancelled due to Covid-19, national federations have been asked to nominate riders for the GP Challenge, with the FIM set to confirm the final line-up.

Certainties

Poland, Sweden, Denmark ,GB, Russia, Czech Rep, Australia, Germany plus 7 others.

Edited by racers and royals

You can probably add Italy to the list. Armando wouldn't allow them to be left out, surely. :rolleyes::D

Edit - To add, last years final also had representatives in it from Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine and France.

One would hope they would all be invited to provide a rider.

Edited by HenryW

Wouldnt the following be reasonable 

1. Croatia
  2. Poland
  3. Sweden
  4. Denmark
  5. GB
  6. Russia
  7. Czech Republic
  8. Australia
  9. Germany
  10. Italty
  11. Slovakia
  12. Slovenia
  13. Ukraine
  14. France
  15. Latvia
  16. Finland

My country nr 10-16 if I would guess based on which countries that have rider(s) with atleast a (slim) theoretical chance of qualifiying for the SGP and the info provided above. Tbh with country 10-16 we would probably cover most countries were their is atleast one decent rider (or better)

15 minutes ago, HenryW said:

You can probably add Italy to the list. Armando wouldn't allow them to be left out, surely. :rolleyes::D

Edit - To add, last years final also had representatives in it from Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine and France.

One would hope they would all be invited to provide a rider.

I think Latvia might come before the Ukraine.

2 minutes ago, erinil1 said:

Wouldnt the following be reasonable 

1. Croatia
  2. Poland
  3. Sweden
  4. Denmark
  5. GB
  6. Russia
  7. Czech Republic
  8. Australia
  9. Germany
  10. Italty
  11. Slovakia
  12. Slovenia
  13. Ukraine
  14. France
  15. Latvia
  16. Finland

My country nr 10-16 if I would guess based on which countries that have rider(s) with atleast a (slim) theoretical chance of qualifiying for the SGP and the info provided above. Tbh with country 10-16 we would probably cover most countries were their is atleast one decent rider (or better)

Most likely- although i would put Norway in instead of Finland just to wind FSP up :D

• Haha 1