British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Championship League Team Points Limit

10 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Kai Huckenbeck, Kevin Wolbert, Pontus Aspgren, Kim Nilsson, Rene Bach, Andreas Lyager, Jonas Jepessen,.

Plus with the Poole & Sheffield switch, the likes of Danny King & Kyle Howarth will probably be wishing to double down in the CL

King and Howarth double up already and three of the first four named have PL averages that may preclude them from the CL. Huckenbeck, for example, would be 8.85 and Nilsson 11.41.

Do you really see Aspgren and the last two as heatleaders?

That leaves Rene Bach!

Edited by DC2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Paulco said:

41 is the rumour 

I guess we have to say what we what to achieve? If we want to continue on from where we've finished this season, then the points limit for next year should be the average of the closing  team averages. That number is 41.26 btw. So 41 would be the status quo. 

If you want to go "Down, down, deeper and down", then abandon the Status Quo and set a lower points limit.  :P

Would like to see 42.50. Too many young riders have been used then discarded as teams chopped and changed their 2.00 rider.

was too much of a disparity between top 2 in most teams and reserves.

Honestly

It is potentially going to be either 40 or more probably and realistically 41 points

This is going off the suggested Scunthorpe team posted on the Scunny 2020 thread of

SCUNTHORPE SCORPIONS    
        5% British Reduction
1 Josh Auty  7.61   7.25
2 Danny Ayers 5.51   5.25
3 Tero Aarnio 6.85   6.85
4 Thomas Jorgensen 6.47   6.47
5 Jake Allen  7.26   7.26
6 Simon Lambert 5.16   4.91
7 Jordan Pailin 2.00   2.00

Total: 40.86   39.99

Now if that is the Scunthorpe team why those build figures you might ask... Well... if that is the Scunny team you would think someone with the position Rob G holds in the BSPA he may just have an inside edge on the up and coming team build figures. (eh see me thinking here)

His proposed team comes out at 40.86 and only sneaks under the 40 point mark (39.99) when the three British rider's who qualify and meet the criteria to receive a 5% reduction have that reduction applied; which as much as I would like to see a reduction on all Brits applied I don't think it will happen...

So there you go I would suggest if you want to play the "Build a Team" game; go for 41 points and it wont be far off unless something drastic happens at the AGM, like if teams fold from the Championship (the figure may go up) and who comes up or moreover who if anyone is allowed to come up from the NDL to the Championship as with more teams in the league the figure may go down!!!

So 41.... 41.... go for 41.... go on do it 41....

Regards
THJ

Don't most of the promoters go to the monthly/ pre AGM meetings so all present would know something about next year?

Did you post on another thread that it could only be British riders that have ridden in the NDL in these last 3 years would get the new 5% reduction? I would give all British riders a 2.5% reduction & to promote loyalty, any rider that finished in the final team declaration a reduction if they sign for the same team. 

5 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

& to promote loyalty, any rider that finished in the final team declaration a reduction if they sign for the same team

Jolly fine idea. And what about maintaining such a reduction throughout the year should they stay with their starting team? I think many fans build a sense of attachment to riders over time. The constant chopping and changing will tend to push them away. The feeling that there are riders hiding in a cupboard to be wheeled out when a team isn't winning every week is a bit of a mystery. But then I disregard the "win at all costs" mentality don't I?

• Like 1

why are we having a thread discussing what the points limit will be when pooles skidder has told everybody poole know what the 

points limit is

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, poole keith said:

why are we having a thread discussing what the points limit will be when pooles skidder has told everybody poole know what the 

points limit is

You could probably sign six riders up to 36, just in case the limit is 38, and then have a 2 to 6 point final rider to finish when the limit is agreed.

Or do a Redcar and sign three heatleaders to 24 and then fill in.

50 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You could probably sign six riders up to 36, just in case the limit is 38, and then have a 2 to 6 point final rider to finish when the limit is agreed.

Or do a Redcar and sign three heatleaders to 24 and then fill in.

or do a Glasgow and sign two fantastic heat leaders and then fill in the blanks with  poor second strings and two , two pointers .!

standing by :o

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jenga said:

or do a Glasgow and sign two fantastic heat leaders and then fill in the blanks with  poor second strings and two , two pointers .!

Cook and Jensen are 19.23 and I’d have them regardless of the limit.

38 would leave 18.77 and 42, 22.77 for five riders.

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

points limit is

...because the club promoters know what was proposed/agreed at the pre-agms but the fans including myself don't!

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 5:03 PM, IronScorpion said:

Don't most of the promoters go to the monthly/ pre AGM meetings so all present would know something about next year?

Did you post on another thread that it could only be British riders that have ridden in the NDL in these last 3 years would get the new 5% reduction? I would give all British riders a 2.5% reduction & to promote loyalty, any rider that finished in the final team declaration a reduction if they sign for the same team. 

Yep and I personally would give all Brits a reduction to make them a more attractive proposition over foreign riders but let's face it this is the BSPA we are talking about here and if it's not convoluted and complicated it usually won't go in... so the qualifying parameters will be what they will be... however my preference would be to give a 2.5% 5% or 10% reduction to all Brits without some Mickey Mouse rule that has to be complied to just to qualify...

So my preference would be give it to everyone or no one just no qualifications...

But being a nobody whose opinion doesn't count for crepe what will be will be...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,

the rise in the points limit was bound to happen because of the weakening of the league. in 2022 it will be reduced again . i think thats how it works .    :lol:

25 minutes ago, jenga said:

We only signed one fantastic heat leader the other one became fantastic

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, MANSE said:

We only signed one fantastic heat leader the other one became fantastic

i think you will find he was fantastic the previous season . hence thats why you wanted him .