Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Championship League Team Points Limit

15 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Pot , Kettle and black spring to mind.

Wasn't that long ago 90% of Workington fans regularly put the boot into a championship club on here and occasionally still do.

wot club was that then ?

On 10/31/2019 at 8:47 AM, MANSE said:

Wrong the reason he came to us was Claus told him you get paid every week at Glasgow another point did the people who purchased season tickets for Workington last season ever get their money back:blink:

For the record (if anyone is interested) none of those who bought a season ticket for Workington Comets were ever compensated directly by the promotion. I know of one season ticket holder, who received a refund because he bought it through PayPal. On the other hand, my wife paid by cheque. The cheque was cashed and no doubt disappeared in the miriad debts of the promotion. After speaking to a solicitor, we were told that the only likelihood of receiving any sort of refund was likely by persuing a small claim at county court level.

On 11/1/2019 at 1:15 PM, jenga said:

i will tell you as long as you tell me and others on here just what line of business you are/were inn . is that a deal ? if i dont reply , i will close down this forum account , never to darken your forum again ....DEAL OR NO DEAL , you choose .. 

you disclose what business you were/are  in first ....

Sorry for delay in replying, been away for the weekend. I have a business supplying food for vending machines, & buffets for companies & private parties. The vending machine food is filled rolls, sandwiches, wraps,pies,cakes etc. It has been established 18 years, & I have never ripped off any of my customers. Your turn.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

Sorry for delay in replying, been away for the weekend. I have a business supplying food for vending machines, & buffets for companies & private parties. The vending machine food is filled rolls, sandwiches, wraps,pies,cakes etc. It has been established 18 years, & I have never ripped off any of my customers. Your turn.

Goodbye, Jenga, it is.  :)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

I also sponsored Lewis Blackbird for 4 seasons, with my company logo on his bike & leathers.

3 hours ago, proud panther said:

i have been self employed for 16 years in the motor trade  ,  ran a fleet of taxis  . think i  had all the  F1  drivers !  a few years @ Sellafield  newk site ...  onto repairing chips n cracks in windscreens in all forms of  vehicles ,  commercial vehicle mech .  repairs to boats , city n guilds in mig welding and a few other things that tie into the motor trade . put my own cash into worky speedway to take it over from George Graham ..  all long serving jobs 

never  let anyone down with anything , inc bills . never ripped anyone off either .  left with a clean sheet  .  ..... 

no need to be sorry for the delay, we put no time limit on the reply .

looks like i am back in the forum groove . 

Edited by jenga
cant spell
  • Sad 1

On 11/1/2019 at 4:01 PM, Gazc said:

Pot , Kettle and black spring to mind.

Wasn't that long ago 90% of Workington fans regularly put the boot into a championship club on here and occasionally still do.

that will be about 10 of us then , seeing our crowds were so thin !

1 hour ago, jenga said:

i have been self employed for 16 years in the motor trade  ,  ran a fleet of taxis  . think i  had all the  F1  drivers !  a few years @ Sellafield  newk site ...  onto repairing chips n cracks in windscreens in all forms of  vehicles ,  commercial vehicle mech .  repairs to boats , city n guilds in mig welding and a few other things that tie into the motor trade . put my own cash into worky speedway to take it over from George Graham ..  all long serving jobs 

never  let anyone down with anything , inc bills . never ripped anyone off either .  left with a clean sheet  .  ..... 

no need to be sorry for the delay, we put no time limit on the reply .

looks like i am back in the forum groove . 

Self employed is different to running your own business, but fair play to you for putting your cash into Workington.

6 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Self employed is different to running your own business, but fair play to you for putting your cash into Workington.

I thought being self employed is all about running your own business :blink:

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I thought being self employed is all about running your own business :blink:

Self employed is your own business, but running a business means you also means you employ people as well, in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Self employed is your own business, but running a business means you also means you employ people as well, in my opinion. 

So, can you run a business without being 'self employed',,, or do you you mean you can manage a business as an employee?

A bricklayer or plumber are self employed for example, but it's different to someone who buys a restaurant. Think we need to start a separate thread for any more discussion on this subject, as it's hardly relevant to championship league team points. I acknowledge it's me that has taken the thread off track.

20 minutes ago, proud panther said:

A bricklayer or plumber are self employed for example, but it's different to someone who buys a restaurant. Think we need to start a separate thread for any more discussion on this subject, as it's hardly relevant to championship league team points. I acknowledge it's me that has taken the thread off track.

I agree, there's probly a difference between brickies/plumbers and restaurant owners, but there all selling their product to customers. 

Scunny used to track a qualified and self employed plumber - name him . ..................................................................

8 minutes ago, duffyscouse said:

Scunny used to track a qualified and self employed plumber - name him . ..................................................................

wilko