British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Championship League Team Points Limit

9 minutes ago, jenga said:

i think you will find he was fantastic the previous season . hence thats why you wanted him .

We wanted him as he was on a sub 7 average and knew he would add to it.

That's how it is meant to work is it not. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

starting to run out of bait now , see you when i get a new batch in .. 

12 hours ago, jenga said:

starting to run out of bait now , see you when i get a new batch in .. 

Aye your hilarious or so you think , we just think your a bit of a t*t..

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, DC2 said:

King and Howarth double up already and three of the first four named have PL averages that may preclude them from the CL. Huckenbeck, for example, would be 8.85 and Nilsson 11.41.

Do you really see Aspgren and the last two as heatleaders?

That leaves Rene Bach!

As a result of Sheffield going PL, does that not mean they will now be available to other CL sides in 2020?

Were Wolbert & Aspgren's  last seasons in the UK not at second tier level, which would be used as  for their GSA.

If you had followed Aspgren's form  overseas & in the SGP qualifiers this Season, it suggests he would  be potential CL heat material now.

Likewise both Lyager  & Jepessen  have improved considerably  their overseas results

Huckenbeck & Nilsson would still  be eligible for the CL , as was the likes of Craig Cook (10.19), Edward Kennett (9.35) & Sam Masters(10.79)  in 2019, despite their initial high starting averages.

Oh and David Bellego on a PL GSA of 5.80 is another potential CL heat leader signing btw. 

Edited by cyclone

41.00 . Had to be reduced with two extra teams. 

Edited by Pinny

Wasnt the average limits, and the conversion rates from CL to PL set for the next few years to gradually open the gap between the 2. Or was it just the conversion rate that was set in stone?

Also wasnt a rule introduced that for riders doubling up the higher league average was going to be used and the conversion rate applied to the lower league? 

Having moved recently I dont have to hand my print out of the AGM press release on the subject atm.

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

41.00 . Had to be reduced with two extra teams. 

if it was/is 41 why would you reduce for extra teams.

All that does is make second strings redundant and forces too many 2 pointers in to reserve.

Best to increase limit to 44 or 45 allows all the available heat leaders and second strings to be included and add a rule each side has to run a 2 point reserve at 7.

That's fairer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jenga said:

i think you will find he was fantastic the previous season . hence thats why you wanted him .

Wrong the reason he came to us was Claus told him you get paid every week at Glasgow another point did the people who purchased season tickets for Workington last season ever get their money back:blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

All that does is make second strings redundant and forces too many 2 pointers in to reserve.

Best to increase limit to 44 or 45 allows all the available heat leaders and second strings to be included and add a rule each side has to run a 2 point reserve at 7.

That's fairer.

It looks like there will be two extra teams compared to this year, so, assuming all of the existing teams stay the same and Poole take on Sheffield’s team (only 39.61 incidentally), could you please state the riders in the two new teams to a limit of 44?

Here’s this year’s averages to help.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/files/downloads/c19_issue_34.pdf

3 hours ago, cyclone said:

As a result of Sheffield going PL, does that not mean they will now be available to other CL sides in 2020?

Were Wolbert & Aspgren's  last seasons in the UK not at second tier level, which would be used as  for their GSA.

If you had followed Aspgren's form  overseas & in the SGP qualifiers this Season, it suggests he would  be potential CL heat material now.

Likewise both Lyager  & Jepessen  have improved considerably  their overseas results

Huckenbeck & Nilsson would still  be eligible for the CL , as was the likes of Craig Cook (10.19), Edward Kennett (9.35) & Sam Masters(10.79)  in 2019, despite their initial high starting averages.

Oh and David Bellego on a PL GSA of 5.80 is another potential CL heat leader signing btw. 

Poole will replace Sheffield so I assumed for the purposes of the question that they would take Sheffield’s riders so we’d need 14 riders for the extra two teams (Kent & Plymouth).

I accept what you say, that Wolbert, Aspgren, Jepessen, Huckenbeck and Bellego, together with Busk Jacobsen are possible heatleaders for those teams. Whether or not they are affordable for the CL and would ride in it rather than the more lucrative Polish lower divisions is another matter.

It will probably be necessary to have a limit no higher than 40 to ensure that the 22 current riders over 7.5 are more evenly shared around among the 13 clubs. Somerset have four of them!

44 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It will probably be necessary to have a limit no higher than 40 to ensure that the 22 current riders over 7.5 are more evenly shared around among the 13 clubs. Somerset have four of them!

Make that three, Harris has signed for Birmingham.

5 hours ago, HGould said:

That's fairer.

Honestly

Because there aren't enough riders to go round so the limit needs to be low, otherwise you end up with teams like Newcastle had in the 70's with a team average of something around 55, it just means the wealthy clubs have 4 or 5 heat leaders to the detriment of everyone else; but this is Speedway the where self interest rules... there just isn't the pool of riders to use for the amount of teams we have... 14 teams require 98 riders there are about 60 regular Championship Riders 24 to 30 double uppers and about 10 to 12 two pointers trying to make the jump from the NDL... the supply of riders is barely covering the demand (or need)

That's the dilemma the BSPA have that there are not enough (good) riders (or rider's of a competent standard) to go round... This ups the rate for the riders as they (the riders) play one club off against another to maximise their earnings... this impacts the clubs because their isn't the money in the sport as there once was meaning they lose money... the riders hold the power and they need to realise the clubs need to survive to allow them to ride...

Its a vicious circle that can only be squared currently by finding more riders at the prescribed standard for an affordable rate that meets a team budget or having less teams... or the teams have (Polish type) cash to spend on bringing in foreigners to the detriment of the Polish Leagues; which won'y happen anytime soon... or if you want to up the points limit reduce the number of teams in each league to around 8 per league and stop or severely restrict doubling up (with a possibility for 1 team up; one down; promotion; relegation, then you can up the build limit)... If Workington hadn't folded at the start of the season it would have left Newcastle in the lurch when Nike Lunna decided he wasn't fit enough to start the season and wanted a year out...

The need is to focus on the whole rather than the individual 

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

35 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The need is to focus on the whole rather than the individual 

Didn't  Mr Spock say this?   Ok beam me up now!:D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MANSE said:

Wrong the reason he came to us was Claus told him you get paid every week at Glasgow another point did the people who purchased season tickets for Workington last season ever get their money back:blink:

my , my . are you starting to show concern over workingtons demise or are you just poo stirring with that large ego spoon ? genuine question ....

to the best of my knowledge , i am not  to,too,two sure .(double edged sword answer ) ask someone who bought a season ticket . maybe the witches did , they were up there all the time . even THJ .. !

1 hour ago, jenga said:

my , my . are you starting to show concern over workingtons demise or are you just poo stirring with that large ego spoon ? genuine question ....

to the best of my knowledge , i am not  to,too,two sure .(double edged sword answer ) ask someone who bought a season ticket . maybe the witches did , they were up there all the time . even THJ .. !

Genuine question think its sad they took peoples money and never returned it. I suppose it was used to pay some of  previous years debts which is wrong