British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Championship League Team Points Limit

6 hours ago, MANSE said:

Genuine question think its sad they took peoples money and never returned it. I suppose it was used to pay some of  previous years debts which is wrong

thats pretty much  how business works all over the world .  robbing Peter to pay Paul as they say . surprised you did not know that !

1 hour ago, jenga said:

thats pretty much  how business works all over the world .  robbing Peter to pay Paul as they say . surprised you did not know that !

Well it's certainly not the way I run my business !! Have you ever had a business ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/29/2019 at 10:41 PM, Paulco said:

41 is the rumour 

The total of all 11 current BCL teams is 453.38 which is an average of 41.30 which should be 2020s team points limit irrespective of who the 2020 league will comprise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

The total of all 11 current BCL teams is 453.38 which is an average of 41.30 which should be 2020s team points limit irrespective of who the 2020 league will comprise.

That’s irrelevant and entirely a result of team selections through the season.

All teams started out with a limit of 38 and after the first matches the combined average was a bit lower than 42 (due to some races finishing with two riders).

Subjective team changes were then made during the season due to loss of form and injuries, generally with lower averaged replacements coming in, so the combined average went another bit lower than 42.

And so we ended up with 41.3.

That will happen practically every season but it doesn’t change the facts that 42 is the objective limit and an above figure can bring in more higher averaged riders (from the PL or abroad) and a below figure can move higher averaged riders around, exclude some of them and reduce costs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

That’s irrelevant and entirely a result of team selections through the season.

All teams started out with a limit of 38 and after the first matches the combined average was a bit lower than 42 (due to some races finishing with two riders).

Subjective team changes were then made during the season due to loss of form and injuries, generally with lower averaged replacements coming in, so the combined average went another bit lower than 42.

And so we ended up with 41.3.

That will happen practically every season but it doesn’t change the facts that 42 is the objective limit and an above figure can bring in more higher averaged riders (from the PL or abroad) and a below figure can move higher averaged riders around, exclude some of them and reduce costs.

Am pleased somebody else said all that first :t:

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

and a below figure can move higher averaged riders around, exclude some of them and reduce costs.

Dead right!     If you want your speedway to continue at your local track, year on year, set the limit lower, keep the promotion's losses down and let the sport be there for you and your friends.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

What was it, & did you rip your customers off to pay your debts ?

i will tell you as long as you tell me and others on here just what line of business you are/were inn . is that a deal ? if i dont reply , i will close down this forum account , never to darken your forum again ....DEAL OR NO DEAL , you choose .. 

you disclose what business you were/are  in first ....

Edited by jenga

9 minutes ago, jenga said:

i will tell you as long as you tell me and others on here just what line of business you are/were inn . is that a deal ? if i dont reply , i will close down this forum account , never to darken your forum again ....DEAL OR NO DEAL , you choose .. 

you disclose what business you were/are  in first ....

You couldn’t run a bath so stop talking out of your arse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

You couldn’t run a bath so stop talking out of your arse. 

the reason why i cant run a bath is because i have a shower . then again , you will know all about showers wont you . you being one ...... look buddy i have no gripes with you . so please stop insulting me . please ...

• Haha 2

On 10/31/2019 at 8:47 AM, MANSE said:

Wrong the reason he came to us was Claus told him you get paid every week at Glasgow another point did the people who purchased season tickets for Workington last season ever get their money back:blink:

That would be a no from chatting to my friend who bought one.i bought a book of tickets before the start of the season.didnt even get the decency of a reply from the comets promotion which peed me off more than the fact there was a chance I'd not get my money back.

• Sad 1

On 10/31/2019 at 8:47 AM, MANSE said:

Wrong the reason he came to us was Claus told him you get paid every week at Glasgow another point did the people who purchased season tickets for Workington last season ever get their money back:blink:

That' is TOTALLY not true either but we wont open that running sore as it has been well and truly done to death on here in the past ... and isn't honest or helpful really as there are still a great many people hurting from the loss of their club...

But when you are arguing with an idiot I suppose posting an idiotic response is the go to reaction to try and put over your cause  or case however misguided it may be; especially for the good folk on here who may not be fully aware of the truth... Some may even believe you but two wrongs don't make a right... Don't' rise to the bait as all he is doing is "choking the chicken" at the though he is "boiling your pish"...

On a genuine point with regard to your last question; the way things collapsed at the start of the season I don't think anyone got anything back (or look likely to if I am totally honest) although there was a promise from the promotion that once the financial mess was sorted there would be a concerted effort to get the fans sorted out too... again all I would say on that is don't hold your breath...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,
  • Like 1

i myself personally  dont mind the promotion keeping any funds they may or may not owe me . i am just glad the we @ workington seen a season never to forget . Laura deserves all the help she can get to help her overcome this situation . some folk are craving for any funds owing . maybe in time they will be refunded . but i fail to see what this has got to do with any OTHER TEAMS  fans . . maybe when the boot is on the  other foot they will reflect just how awful they have acted on here ...

7 minutes ago, jenga said:

i myself personally  dont mind the promotion keeping any funds they may or may not owe me . i am just glad the we @ workington seen a season never to forget . Laura deserves all the help she can get to help her overcome this situation . some folk are craving for any funds owing . maybe in time they will be refunded . but i fail to see what this has got to do with any OTHER TEAMS  fans . . maybe when the boot is on the  other foot they will reflect just how awful they have acted on here ...

Pot , Kettle and black spring to mind.

Wasn't that long ago 90% of Workington fans regularly put the boot into a championship club on here and occasionally still do.

• Like 1