British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Wimbledon's final meeting

Can anyone confirm the date of the last speedway meeting at Wimbledon in 2005? Also, what the meeting staged was? 

Thank you.

According to the Speedway Researcher website it was 5th October. The meeting was 'The Laurels' and it was won by Mark Burrows.

11 minutes ago, Chadster said:

According to the Speedway Researcher website it was 5th October. The meeting was 'The Laurels' and it was won by Mark Burrows.

And if I am correct my cousin Martin Elliott finished last in the last heat, and is proud he was the last rider to officially ride the track

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, iris123 said:

And if I am correct my cousin Martin Elliott finished last in the last heat, and is proud he was the last rider to officially ride the track

I also remember your cousin Martin Elliott racing at the nearby cycle speedway track, where his dad Peter was the manager/organser.

Didn’t you state the other day you attended the last ever meeting????

33 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Didn’t you state the other day you attended the last ever meeting????

Most likely I did. Trouble was with my increasing age years I couldn't recall what the event may have been. I needed a 'refresher'. Wasn't there a tie break race to decide the actual winner?

9 hours ago, gustix said:

Most likely I did. Trouble was with my increasing age years I couldn't recall what the event may have been. I needed a 'refresher'. Wasn't there a tie break race to decide the actual winner?

Jesus

2 minutes ago, gustix said:

Plonker!!!

That’s no way to talk about yourself

you can’t remember the date and event you last attended despite posting the other day you were there. A very strange individual. 

On 10/29/2019 at 10:08 PM, gustix said:

Can anyone confirm the date of the last speedway meeting at Wimbledon in 2005? Also, what the meeting staged was? 

Thank you.

13 hours ago, Chadster said:

At the other extreme, this was the first meeting I saw at Wimbledon Stadium. Was any other BSF member there?

Thursday 29th April 1948 Wimbledon Stadium, London*
Wembley Lions 52 Belle Vue Aces 31 (National League Division One)

Didnt it piiss down with rain?? or was that the previous last meeting??

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

That’s no way to talk about yourself

you can’t remember the date and event you last attended despite posting the other day you were there. A very strange individual. 

if the event was 14 years ago and  Gustix is an old man , what is strange about him not remembering all the details of the event ?

how does that make him a " very strange individual" ? 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Pinny said:

Jesus

Was he the actual winner then? Who did he ride for?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, norbold said:

Was he the actual winner then? Who did he ride for?

No, Jesus was third. As gustix said, there was a runoff for first between Peter and Paul; they both rode for the Saints...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gustix said:

At the other extreme, this was the first meeting I saw at Wimbledon Stadium. Was any other BSF member there?

Thursday 29th April 1948 Wimbledon Stadium, London*
Wembley Lions 52 Belle Vue Aces 31 (National League Division One)

I thought this thread was about Wimbledon's final meeting???