British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Wimbledon's final meeting

16 minutes ago, chunky said:

No, Jesus was third. As gustix said, there was a runoff for first between Peter and Paul; they both rode for the Saints...

The Lord said to Peter "Come forth and receive eternal life"....    But he came second and received a small plastic trophy off the meeting sponsor.

2 hours ago, djr said:

if the event was 14 years ago and  Gustix is an old man , what is strange about him not remembering all the details of the event ?

how does that make him a " very strange individual" ? 

All sounds plausible until you see that he is writing articles about events much further back than that. Now he either has a selective memory or he knows where to research things. Given that and his continual posting of links to historical sites I would think it very strange that he asks about this meeting or in a previous thread asks about the size of a certain track he has previously written about on a number of ocassions....

Look at the evidence and judge, rather than jump in and post 

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

All sounds plausible until you see that he is writing articles about events much further back than that. Now he either has a selective memory or he knows where to research things. Given that and his continual posting of links to historical sites I would think it very strange that he asks about this meeting or in a previous thread asks about the size of a certain track he has previously written about on a number of ocassions....

I have looked at the evidence,  and cant see any cause to call someone a   - "very strange individual"

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Sorry for jumping in and  posting , I will ask your permission next time

looking further at the "evidence"   I notice that most of the people who criticize Gustix  rarely write anything interesting or intelligent themselves  ,   yet they enjoy calling an old man names 

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

Jesus

3 hours ago, norbold said:

Was he the actual winner then? Who did he ride for?

3 hours ago, chunky said:

No, Jesus was third. As gustix said, there was a runoff for first between Peter and Paul; they both rode for the Saints...

2 hours ago, CottonOn said:

The Lord said to Peter "Come forth and receive eternal life"....    But he came second and received a small plastic trophy off the meeting sponsor.

I find it sad to read comments that deride religion. As usual the Christian faith. Other Beliefs are seemingly treated as they should be - WITH RESPECT.

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

I would think it very strange that he asks about this meeting or in a previous thread asks about the size of a certain track he has previously written about on a number of ocassions....

(1) Is it wrong to seek clarification as to what type of meeting was staged? 

(2) Re the track size (New Cross) I did not ask what the track size was. I referred to a Post elsewhere that originated on Facebook and gave a much different size to that which is accepted. My query was how the Poster of the wrong size arrived at his figure which was for more than 340 yards.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, djr said:

I have looked at the evidence,  and cant see any cause to call someone a   - "very strange individual"

The evidence over the years, not just on this thread. That is what I am talking about. Are you ?

I think if he is honest he would even admit he has been strange over the years. In fact I think he even admitted such just a couple of weeks back

Edited by iris123

1 hour ago, gustix said:

I find it sad to read comments that deride religion. As usual the Christian faith. Other Beliefs are seemingly treated as they should be - WITH RESPECT.

I'll deride whichever religion I like, thank you gustix, as they are all complete nonsense and do more harm than good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gustix said:

5 minutes ago, norbold said:

I'll deride whichever religion I like, thank you gustix, as they are all complete nonsense and do more harm than good.

I respect your opinion norbold. 

2 hours ago, gustix said:

My query was how the Poster of the wrong size arrived at his figure which was for more than 340 yards.

If you wondered how the poster arrived at his figure, surely the best option would have been to ask the poster himself?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, norbold said:

Are you that dyslexic atheist who doesn't believe in a dog?

6 hours ago, chunky said:

He'll have been cross about that...

2 minutes ago, Chadster said:

He'll have been cross about that...

I'm sure he didn't complain as he would have been crucified...

• Haha 1

To be fair to Gustix (and someone has to be), I was at the last Wimbledon meeting and can hardly remember anything about it. The thing that has stuck in my mind was that one of his prizes for winning was a sewing machine, which seemed an unusual prize to say the least. Perhaps we could have a thread abour unusual speedway prizes. I'll leave Gustix to start it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chunky said:

Why didn't the Saints also sign Jesus?   I thought he'd have been nailed on for a team place.