British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Where has my thread gone?

3 hours ago, Gemini said:

I should think that the thread has been taken off because of the forum guidelines and admin or a mod has finally spotted it.  :D 

"Linking to Other Sites.......Please do not use the forum to advertise competing message boards or websites. There is a facility to put a link to a website on your profile."

Doesn't really matter now though because loads of people have joined and will just pass on the details. Good groups always prosper, although it's a shame it wasn't formed at the beginning of the season rather than towards the end when everything goes a bit quiet. 

Yes Proper Speedway is really attracting attention. As I calculate it's massive two posts average daily!

4 minutes ago, gustix said:

Yes Proper Speedway is really attracting attention. As I calculate it's massive two posts average daily!

You used to run groups like that until they got even less posts and probably died a slow death.

Seem to remember you had another name and posted to make it look like there were more contributors. Then you got rumbled:rofl:

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 2

That would sound like him to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, gustix said:

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

You used to run groups like that until they got even less posts and probably died a slow death

I did indeed have groups on Proboards sites. As happened with the welcome advent of Facebook they lost popularity. They were among other Proboards sites outside my jurisdiction that also 'died a slow death.'

I am a member of FB forum that has a membership near to the same size as the BSF. It is a pleasure to visit there. 

3 minutes ago, gustix said:

I did indeed have groups on Proboards sites. As happened with the welcome advent of Facebook they lost popularity. They were among other Proboards sites outside my jurisdiction that also 'died a slow death.'

I am a member of FB forum that has a membership near to the same size as the BSF. It is a pleasure to visit there. 

Thought you also had a group on FB called weird world or something, that basically consisted of you copying stuff from elsewhere,with little or no other contribution?

25 minutes ago, iris123 said:

You used to run groups like that until they got even less posts and probably died a slow death.

Seem to remember you had another name and posted to make it look like there were more contributors. Then you got rumbled:rofl:

That was the BSF in about 2012. Poor old speedyguy and "other then post members" were justifiably kicked out of the BSF. It must have been a year gap before I was allowed to return to the BSF.

6 minutes ago, gustix said:

That was the BSF in about 2012. Poor old speedyguy and "other then post members" were justifiably kicked out of the BSF. It must have been a year gap before I was allowed to return to the BSF.

No, I seem to remember for instance that Jack Keen from Kent was also a contributor on the Proboard group. Have you forgotten or was that the real Jack Keen ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Thought you also had a group on FB called weird world or something, that basically consisted of you copying stuff from elsewhere,with little or no other contribution?

10 minutes ago, gustix said:

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

No, I seem to remember for instance that Jack Keen from Kent was also a contributor on the Proboard group. Have you forgotten or was that the real Jack Keen ?

This was at least six years ago. There was a REAL Jack Keen who was a New Cross junior in 1946 and rode briefly for Exeter at the start of 1947. I think the group yu refer to was one that ran for some years and was controlled by the respected speedway artist Jim Blanchard. I have also found a Link to a Proboard group[ that I ran with little member support. I think it was initially The Weird World of Speedway, then had a title change as shown in the Link. What a waste of time that was.

http://subedei.proboards.com

2 minutes ago, gustix said:

This was at least six years ago. There was a REAL Jack Keen who was a New Cross junior in 1946 and rode briefly for Exeter at the start of 1947. I think the group yu refer to was one that ran for some years and was controlled by the respected speedway artist Jim Blanchard. I have also found a Link to a Proboard group[ that I ran with little member support. I think it was initially The Weird World of Speedway, then had a title change as shown in the Link. What a waste of time that was.

Yes there might well have been a real Jack Keen, but it was you, pretending to be him on Proboards wasn’t it ?:rofl:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gustix said:

Just now, iris123 said:

Yes there might well have been a real Jack Keen, but it was you, pretending to be him on Proboards wasn’t it ?:rofl:

I was actually pretending to be Jack Keen.I used the name "in good faith" then worryingly recalled there had been a rider of that name.

Here's some more old long vanished speedway links that might be of interest. http://subedei.proboards.com/board/54/speedway-links I can't be bothered with that sort of thing these days. Much prefer the very active FB forum where I enjoy - and get praise sometimes. 

On 11/1/2019 at 9:31 PM, CottonOn said:

Those old proboards forums did provide some entertainment though.  

see here    http://support.proboards.com/thread/604533/group-hacked?page=1

I had forgotten about all that. It was as can be seen a dreadful boring task.

Facebook is far superior and as a member of its leading speedway forum I enjoy visiting it very much.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, gustix said:

I was actually pretending to be Jack Keen.I used the name "in good faith" then worryingly recalled there had been a rider of that name.

Here's some more old long vanished speedway links that might be of interest. http://subedei.proboards.com/board/54/speedway-links I can't be bothered with that sort of thing these days. Much prefer the very active FB forum where I enjoy - and get praise sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Oh no !!!:party:

On a rare occasion I agree with you iris123. These old forums were horrendous. All they created as can be judged were hours of wasted time and effort.