British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Where has my thread gone?

4 minutes ago, CottonOn said:

Another Proboards here where an administrator called John knew the exact length of the New Cross track (and lots of other stuff) over 10 years ago.

http://londonspeedways.proboards.com/thread/235/new-cross

As previously commented: hours of wasted time being created and now all forgotten. As much on the BSF also will be. 

7 minutes ago, gustix said:

I had forgotten about all that. It was as can be seen a dreadful bring task.

Facebook is far superior and as a member of its leading speedway forum I enjoy visiting it very much.

You do seem to enjoy visiting this place though. Hardly off it:rolleyes: Plus seemed very keen to get onto Proper Speedway as well

Edited by iris123

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

And a mrsgustix ? Wonder who that was ?

That was my late dear wife. 

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

You do seem to enjoy visiting this place though. Hardly off it:rolleyes:

That's because I keep getting BSF advice messages that there are Posts, I respond, and most seem to be from you!

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, gustix said:

That's because I keep getting messages there are Posts, respond, and most seem to be from you!

Yes. Sometimes need clarification, but you can do something else. I am patient and can wait. I know you seem to have little patience and will post the same question over and over to make sure it gets noticed

Think we waited over a year for you to answer a question about Mike Bast....

Edited by iris123

16 minutes ago, gustix said:

hours of wasted time being created and now all forgotten.

Not necessarily forgotten.    As with much of the internet, things remain online for a long, long, time.   Hence by simply googling "Gustix Proboards Forum Admin" I was able to hop in just a few clicks to find all kinds of weird and wonderful old discussions.

I loved that thread with the complaint of being "hacked by four people" and then 8 (or 9) "bogus members" with "names like other members" joining in 24 hours and crashing a proboards forum with "images designed to make the forum look stupid"....

...If you read on, It turned out the Administrator had been paying for additional storage space, but then stopped paying.  When he was downgraded to a free plan with less storage space, the images already posted by his own members were already over the free quota, and he just had to delete content to free up space again.    Sadly no infiltration from the dark web after all!

Edited by CottonOn
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, iris123 said:

Plus seemed very keen to get onto Proper Speedway as well

How keen? Jack Keen?

1 minute ago, chunky said:

How keen? Jack Keen?

Foo Keen mad thread this.

You know, my wife and I often talk about the amount of stupidity in the world today. We read something, and think, "that is the dumbest thing thing I've ever seen..."

Then, I come on here, and realise that NOTHING can come close to the nonsense on the BSF!

10 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Foo Keen mad thread this.

Please remember to post in modern-day easy-to-read English style please nw42, as I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps Foo Keen was related to the speedway rider Jack Keen?

Edited by chunky
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, iris123 said:

Think we waited over a year for you to answer a question about Mike Bast....

Who is Mike Bast? Perhaps gustix can tell me a little about him?

Edited by chunky

6 hours ago, chunky said:

Whi is Mike Bast? Perhaps gustix can tell me a little about him?

Mike Bast had a brother called Ard ,    led to much merriment at grammar school . where they always address you Surname first , imagine the tittering as the morning register was read out !!

8 hours ago, chunky said:

Whi is Mike Bast? Perhaps gustix can tell me a little about him?

Please try to post in modern-day English Chunky, 'whi', I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say.

:party:

4 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Please try to post in modern-day English Chunky, 'whi', I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say.

:party:

B*llocks!!! :blush: