British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Hackett said:

Opportunity to now buy SpeedwayGB merchandise - bobble hats, pit t-shirts and polo shirts. Other merchandise to follow. 

Wheres that from mate, the speedwaygb site?

20 quid for a bobble hat, 25 quid for a truckers hat , must be quality stuff !  Don't they do a rain mac for the SON at Manchester ?

• Haha 1

TAI WOFFINDEN leads the Great Britain team in a couple of friendly Internationals at Pinjar Park Speedway this weekend January 17 & 18

more information

Teams:
Australia - Sam Masters, Rohan Tungate, Cameron Heeps, Daniel Winchester, Kale Ballantyne, Doug Scoble.
Great Britain - Tai Woffinden, Dan Bewley, Drew Kemp, Leon Flint, Jack Smith, Jason Edwards.

https://gbspeedwayteam.com/news/great-britain-back-aussie-crisis-effort-before-test-matches

Edited by Bavarian

On 12/18/2019 at 9:51 PM, iwright71 said:

20 quid for a bobble hat, 25 quid for a truckers hat , must be quality stuff !  Don't they do a rain mac for the SON at Manchester ?

How about some plastic rain off ticket holders ?      :drink::D

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2020 at 2:25 PM, Bavarian said:

TAI WOFFINDEN leads the Great Britain team in a couple of friendly Internationals at Pinjar Park Speedway this weekend January 17 & 18

more information

Teams:
Australia - Sam Masters, Rohan Tungate, Cameron Heeps, Daniel Winchester, Kale Ballantyne, Doug Scoble.
Great Britain - Tai Woffinden, Dan Bewley, Drew Kemp, Leon Flint, Jack Smith, Jason Edwards.

https://gbspeedwayteam.com/news/great-britain-back-aussie-crisis-effort-before-test-matches

Very good of Simon Stead to fly out there for one meeting to hand out the race jackets and fill in a programme. :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

......TAI WOFFINDEN leads the Great Britain team in a couple of friendly Internationals.....

Bavarian.....I assume this was a quote by someone else?

Anyone who thinks these two test matches will be "friendly" affairs, knows nothing about the history of speedway between Australia and GB (or any sport for that matter). I expect hard fought meetings with a lot of pride at stake. No doubt they'll all have a tinny or three in the bar afterwards, but on track I don't think they'll be any quarter given. If our youngsters aren't briefed on the subject in advance, they'll know better in the second meeting on Saturday. And for me, that's what this is all about. Blooding some up-and-coming talent and gaining some real experience when the only thing at stake is national pride. National pride? What's that? I think we might have just begun to forget that concept in the British speedway world. 

I hope for a safe two days (for all riders on display) but Come on GB. Let's surprise a few people. 

more information

Teams:

Jason Crump & Fraser Bowes replace Sam Masters and Doug Scoble.

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Jason Crump & Fraser Bowes replace Sam Masters and Doug Scoble.

Are you serious? I can easily believe Fraser Bowes, but surely Jason hasn't ridden for 7 years. And didn't he retire due to issues with his back?

16 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Are you serious? I can easily believe Fraser Bowes, but surely Jason hasn't ridden for 7 years. And didn't he retire due to issues with his back?

Jason has done the occasional meeting in Australia since his retirement from European racing.

On 1/14/2020 at 10:41 AM, False dawn said:

I thought Jason  retired because of those bad burns that he got racing a great rider and he must put a few on the gate.Since his retirement he has done some laps testing and at a guess???  i recon he has done at least six meeting's Darcy Ward's being one of them.

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2020 at 10:41 AM, False dawn said:

I wish I'd never posted this. :blush: I was just a bit surprised that Crumpy suddenly agreed to ride in a test match, albeit a "friendly". That's all.

A passing thought! And nothing more (maybe) but I wonder how either of these so-called thought of 'national' teams would fare in a match against full-strength Poland or Sweden teams as examples?

Edited by Guest