British Speedway Forum
Col

Prague SGP 13/06/20

I believe that Jet2 have suspended all there Prague flights till July as from Sat 14th March

Edited by zlata prilba

Prague GP unlikely to happen, until 2022 or 2023....

https://news.expats.cz/weekly-czech-news/czech-borders-may-remain-closed-for-the-next-two-years-say-top-officials/

Czech borders may remain closed for the next two years, says top official

Czech Crisis Staff head Roman Prymula told Czech Television today that border restrictions in the Czech Republic over the coronavirus situation may last up to two years

Czech Crisis Staff head Roman Prymula told Czech Television today that border restrictions in the Czech Republic over the coronavirus situation may last up to two years, and largely depend on the management of the epidemic in other countries in Europe and across the globe, reports the Czech News Agency and Novinky.cz.

While the situation in the Czech Republic is thought to improve from mid-April, estimates aren’t as optimistic for other countries in Europe.

The situation in other European countries will not be good,” Prymula told Czech Television.

“There it will take months and long months.”

According to Prymula, international travel will most likely be limited for the next year or two, and Czech residents should count on taking their summer holidays within the Czech Republic this year.

Prymula’s statements were supported by Czech Minister of Health Adam Vojtěch.

“The point is to avoid having a second or third wave of the epidemic, so that people from other countries such as Italy, France, Spain, Germany, do not begin to flow [into the Czech Republic],” he told Czech Television.

“I do not want to provide false optimism, but I hope that it will be possible to keep the number to 10,000 [infected with coronavirus],” Prymula added. “We are able to operate effectively with up to 15,000 [cases].”

He also stated that precautionary steps taken by the Czech Republic have seemed to have a positive impact on the situation.

“I don’t want to overestimate, but when everyone looks at the increase [in cases], we managed to fix it to less than the initial 45%, which was better than in Italy. We are able to flatten the curve.”

The Czech borders have largely been closed for the past week, with exceptions for necessary freight and cargo transport, and for residents who live near the border and commute to work. They require daily documentation to leave, however.

I think the GP series should be scrapped this season there are going to be to many border restrictions this year 

3 hours ago, mickthemuppet said:

There will be no grand prixs this year so do not bother booking any

you might be right but there is no way you can be certain

I have tickets and hotel booked for Prague but I see very little chance in being there come June. I would be surprised that the Czech borders would remain closed for up to two years however.

Prague flight officially cancelled today.  Now to wait and see if re-scheduled.

Just my opinion but Prague has no chance of going ahead in mid June. 

• Like 2

The SGP web site is STILL selling tickets to Czech SGP as it is for the German SGP on 30th May. No warning of the possibilities of cancellation. In fact nothing to suggest that BSI are even resident on planet Earth with what's going on all around us.

How close to the concept of fraudulent trading is this?

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, mojo said:

Prague flight officially cancelled today.  Now to wait and see if re-scheduled.

Easyjet are still selling tickets for the flights I have booked for Prague, but I fear the chances of using them are somewhere between zero and none.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 11:45 AM, uk_martin said:

The SGP web site is STILL selling tickets to Czech SGP as it is for the German SGP on 30th May. No warning of the possibilities of cancellation. In fact nothing to suggest that BSI are even resident on planet Earth with what's going on all around us.

How close to the concept of fraudulent trading is this?

Teterow are waiting for the announcement by the government on 20th April. But they don't hold out much chance. They are thinking more end of September as a possibility. The Health minister was on tv earlier saying on the 20th they want to see how it goes with relaxing things, but only if at work for instance safety measures can be in place......but the very last thing to be relaxed would be clubs, festivals etc (although he didn't actually mention sporting events)....

https://www.speedweek.com/grasbahn/news/157486/Bergring-Teterow-Eine-Terminverlegung-ist-unmoeglich.html

But also interesting reading the Landshut press release saying they are disappointed that BSI/FIM decided to hold both SON semis in Latvia in September, but can understand the reason to some extent as it is unsure when the border will be open for foreigners.....so if BSI/FIM are unsure about end of September for Landshut, why can Teterow plan for then ? Unless they don't think hosting two big meetings in the same country at roughly the same time is wise.....which is reasonable

Edited by iris123

3 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

This is going to financially cripple the BSI.

The one positive out of this whole scenario.

Your a nice human being.  Seeing a company crippled, which will have knock on effects for its staff, is a positive for you.  You lack even 1 brain cell.

• Like 3

Ostafinski wrote on Sportowefakty today that BSI insist on having the GP in Prague on the original date. Not sure what's true about this, but it looks very unlikely. Czech federation also says it's impossible.

FIM Europe cancelled their congress in Prague (beginning of July)... so that says already something.