British Speedway Forum
Col

Prague SGP 13/06/20

BSI have done nothing of the sport. How could they? 

My guess would be no SGPs before August ...  but it is no more than a guess.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

... no SGPs before August ...  but it is no more than a guess.

And in the mean time carry on selling tickets, bag the money and when it comes to issuing the refunds, declare bankruptcy...And why not? It's not like BSI have the 2021 season to look forward to is it? They've lost the SGP contract so what do they care? Mess the fans around and screw things up for the Polish promotion company that take over next year, and one in the eye to the FIM for daring to give the contract to another company.

2 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

And in the mean time carry on selling tickets, bag the money and when it comes to issuing the refunds, declare bankruptcy...And why not? It's not like BSI have the 2021 season to look forward to is it? They've lost the SGP contract so what do they care? Mess the fans around and screw things up for the Polish promotion company that take over next year, and one in the eye to the FIM for daring to give the contract to another company.

You have been brainwashed by your Gorzow mates and sportowefakty !!!! the last year of BSI`s GP contract is 2021 !!!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

THERE is no evidence that a Polish company - presumably you mean One Sport - will take over anything. Receipts from ticket sales at Prague, Warsaw, Wroclaw and Torun go to the organisers not BSI. Same with Togliatti. Cardiff tickets are no longer on sale.

22 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BSI have done nothing of the sport. How could they? 

My guess would be no SGPs before August ...  but it is no more than a guess.

Thought you were positive? Last week at least. Now you seem to have come in line with the negative thinkers. Or as I said realistic......

34 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THERE is no evidence that a Polish company - presumably you mean One Sport - will take over anything. Receipts from ticket sales at Prague, Warsaw, Wroclaw and Torun go to the organisers not BSI. Same with Togliatti. Cardiff tickets are no longer on sale.

Cardiff tickets are still on sale 

45 minutes ago, james1234 said:

Cardiff tickets are still on sale 

MY apologies is that is the case. They have ceased ads in SS so made the wrong assumption.

50 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Thought you were positive? Last week at least. Now you seem to have come in line with the negative thinkers. Or as I said realistic......

I AM positive ... August, September, October. Who cares as long as there is some resumption. Of course I have a vested interest with the future of Speedway Star in the balance along with those who work for Pinegen. 

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

How strange is this - Eurosport events head office is in England and from this companies information are based very near to or in the same building as BSI speedway   :)

BSI  https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03369723

Eurosport events  https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04361881

NOT actually in the same building but both have their offices in Chiswick Business Park, a huge complex comprised of several office blocks (IMG in No 6), restaurants and recreational facilities. 

6 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I AM positive ... August, September, October. Who cares as long as there is some resumption. Of course I have a vested interest with the future of Speedway Star in the balance along with those who work for Pinegen. 

I personally don't give a dame about GP,s or other countries I'm more interested in this country and British speedway and if that's upsets people then so be it. But it's about time we put our speedway first. Let's hope we can all watch our beloved sport some time this year.

11 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

As a matter of interest Philip, do the individual clubs, i.e. Prague, Wroclaw etc set their own prices for tickets or are they answerable to other bodies ?  

1 hour ago, mojo said:

As a matter of interest Philip, do the individual clubs, i.e. Prague, Wroclaw etc set their own prices for tickets or are they answerable to other bodies ?  

AS far as I know they set their own prices as do the PZM for Warsaw

1 hour ago, mojo said:

In addition to Philip`s answer, i would imagine that the non BSI promoted ;GP`s  are individually negotiated between  the clubs and BSI. The fee that each club has to pay to hold a GP  varies and is such that the local authority/tourist board normally provide money to bridge the gap between what the clubs can afford to stump  up and what BSI want. The clubs will make a commercial decision on what they can charge for the tickets-ie Wroclaw was a sell out in 2019 and served up a fantastic GP so have upped the ticket price this year by around a quarter.

Seems the president has now confirmed the border will remain closed for the next year. And asked the Czechs to appreciate the beautiful local landscape as travel abroad is restricted, as it travel to CZ for foreigners

https://news.expats.cz/weekly-czech-news/czech-borders-should-remain-closed-for-one-year-says-president-milos-zeman/

Edited by iris123