British Speedway Forum
Col

Prague SGP 13/06/20

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

GP in Prague or Pardubice ??

GP in Prague on the Sat Eve..In theory Pardubice would be ideal to hold the GP but the club hasn't the financial backing from City Council or private funding to hold the meeting of GP status. Another problem is if GP is cancelled due to bad weather that would put Golden Helmet in doubt on the Sunday 

Edited by zlata prilba

Due to health and safety directives issued by the government of the Czech Republic amid concerns over COVID-19 (coronavirus), the 2020 Anlas Czech Republic FIM Speedway Grand Prix, originally scheduled for 13 June, has been postponed until September.  

This decision was made after careful consideration and consultation with the FIM, BSI Speedway, ACCR (Autoklub České Republiky) and the Marketa Stadium promoter, with the well-being of riders and supporters remaining the top priority.

The re-scheduled date in September will be announced in due course, with further event details to be made available as soon as they have been finalised.

All tickets already purchased for the event will remain valid for the revised date, and ticket sales will re-commence on 1 August.

FIM & BSI Communications

As far as social distancing is concerned will things be any better especially with flights, seating inside the Marketa etc.

1 hour ago, screm said:

As far as social distancing is concerned will things be any better especially with flights, seating inside the Marketa etc.

NO

Fans should be able to get a refund if the Date of the Original event is changed IMo.This “small print sh#t “ does not show the sport in good light.Doing more harm than good in the long term IMO.

• Like 1

I'm just glad Ryanair sussed the Prague GP date this year and charged rip off prices for that weekend, hence me deciding not to bother. Otherwise it would have been even more money they owe me lol. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

I'm just glad Ryanair sussed the Prague GP date this year and charged rip off prices for that weekend, hence me deciding not to bother. Otherwise it would have been even more money they owe me lol. :rolleyes:

Hotels and Airline certainly put a lot of effort into researching big Sport events.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Ryanair get a fair bit of criticism but they charge a very small sum to fly 2 or 3 hours return trip.   A return to any part of Europe for less than £100 is very cheap.   A 20 minute taxi ride in central London costs the same as flying to Spain.

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mark said:

Ryanair get a fair bit of criticsm but they charge a very small sum to fly 2 or 3 hours return trip.   A return to any part of Europe for less than £100 is very cheap.   A 20 minute taxi ride in central London costs the same as flying to Spain.

I don't disagree. I have used Ryanair a lot over the years and have never had cause for complaint. Yes, last year my wife & I flew to Prague from Bournemouth for about £75 a head with priority boarding  and chosen seats. This year however it was nearer £200 each for the GP weekend but cheap as chips for the weekends before and after so I decided not to bother as we'd paid less to fly to Tenerife which is a 4 hour flight.

I just hope the days of cheap flights aren't over for good because of this current mess!

13 hours ago, Mark said:

Ryanair get a fair bit of criticism but they charge a very small sum to fly 2 or 3 hours return trip.   A return to any part of Europe for less than £100 is very cheap.   A 20 minute taxi ride in central London costs the same as flying to Spain.

Don’t disagree, but I think the point being made is valid .As has  been pointed out in previous thread.

Amidst ongoing concerns regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) and in accordance with local government health directives, the FIM, BSI Speedway, ACCR (Autoklub České Republiky) and the Marketa Stadium promoter have rescheduled the 2020 Anlas Czech Republic FIM Speedway Grand Prix from June 13 to September 19, 2020.

The decision was made after careful consideration and consultation with the health and safety of everyone involved in the event remaining our top priority. All purchased tickets for the event will remain valid for the revised date, and ticket sales will re-commence on August 1.

So that leaves Cardiff as the opening GP on the 18th July.....if it still goes ahead?