British Speedway Forum
Col

Prague SGP 13/06/20

Cardiff will not go ahead also because the stadium is not available till April 2021. 

51 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Amidst ongoing concerns regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) and in accordance with local government health directives, the FIM, BSI Speedway, ACCR (Autoklub České Republiky) and the Marketa Stadium promoter have rescheduled the 2020 Anlas Czech Republic FIM Speedway Grand Prix from June 13 to September 19, 2020.

The decision was made after careful consideration and consultation with the health and safety of everyone involved in the event remaining our top priority. All purchased tickets for the event will remain valid for the revised date, and ticket sales will re-commence on August 1.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/czech-republic/coronavirus

No one allowed into CZ at the moment.   All pubs and restaurants closed.   

On 5/8/2020 at 9:39 AM, Fromafar said:

Don’t disagree, but I think the point being made is valid .As has  been pointed out in previous thread.

If a price is a Rip Off then do not pay.   Prices will come down.   Ryanair make no profit unless 90% of seats are full.

As the event date has been re-scheduled to September, my friends and I cannot make this date. I have been trying to get refunds or a voucher:

EasyJet have been brilliant, they have given me a full-charge flight voucher to use & book within the year, flights can be after that date.

By going through Booking.com to stay at the hotel we've always used has meant we had no cancellation fee to pay! There were no upfront charges either!

Still awaiting to hear about my airport parking. Thankfully with three chipping in, it's not a fortune!

The elephant in the room is the SGP tickets..............................BSI say it's the stadium that has to deal with it, they say nothing can be done until the Pandemic is over in the CZ Republic (by that I'm guessing they mean the restrictions).

I'm interested to hear how others in the same situation are doing.

Easy Jet should give a full refund if a flight is cancelled.  Vouchers can be taken if wanted but you dont have to accept.

43 minutes ago, Mark said:

Easy Jet should give a full refund if a flight is cancelled.  Vouchers can be taken if wanted but you dont have to accept.

That's very true but you'd only get a refund if the flight is cancelled. They're only dropping flights 7 days in advance. Prague is 4 weeks away from now, with my luck Easyjet may run odd flights by then! Didn't want to take a chance.

It doesn't bother me and my friends, we go every year and the voucher will go toward the cost.....................no doubt they'll be dearer then!

@Spooky I’m getting the run around from BSI with Warsaw tickets. T&Cs state no refund but the cancellation email said this was waived and PZM would be in touch with how to refund - this was weeks ago. 
Having contacted BSI numerous times they seem to be abdicating any responsibility and telling me to go back to kupbilet who in turn tell me to contact the PZM who you can’t contact!

To be honest it’s put me off buying future GP tickets (particularly seeing them hide behind the no refunds for the rearranged Prague and SoN finals - yes it’s in T&Cs but already here in the UK the CMA has ruled this is illegal and unjust.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tomhaines said:

@Spooky I’m getting the run around from BSI with Warsaw tickets. T&Cs state no refund but the cancellation email said this was waived and PZM would be in touch with how to refund - this was weeks ago. 
Having contacted BSI numerous times they seem to be abdicating any responsibility and telling me to go back to kupbilet who in turn tell me to contact the PZM who you can’t contact!

To be honest it’s put me off buying future GP tickets (particularly seeing them hide behind the no refunds for the rearranged Prague and SoN finals - yes it’s in T&Cs but already here in the UK the CMA has ruled this is illegal and unjust.

I think it`s unreasonable of you to blame BSI for Warsaw refunds- they are not the promoters of this GP - the PZM are and as you say have promised to refund ticket holders who cannot make the restaging date( and no doubt the re restaging date !!) I would suggest you give them a bit longer to announce how they will do it.

The president of the PZM is Michal Sikora as listed here https://www.pzm.pl/o-nas/biuro- you could try and politely ask him via social media (or any of the other names listed) if they can give you an answer to when refunds will start to be issued.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

It’s no ones fault we are in this predicament, there are so many grey areas regarding what we can do or even claim for. 
BSI and the individual promoters cannot be blamed per se, it’s that there are so many variations between associated companies. One will “help” and another chooses to ignore! 
All we can do is simply ask, hopefully we get the right answer, it is what it is! 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 11:28 AM, Spooky said:

As the event date has been re-scheduled to September, my friends and I cannot make this date. I have been trying to get refunds or a voucher:

EasyJet have been brilliant, they have given me a full-charge flight voucher to use & book within the year, flights can be after that date.

By going through Booking.com to stay at the hotel we've always used has meant we had no cancellation fee to pay! There were no upfront charges either!

Still awaiting to hear about my airport parking. Thankfully with three chipping in, it's not a fortune!

The elephant in the room is the SGP tickets..............................BSI say it's the stadium that has to deal with it, they say nothing can be done until the Pandemic is over in the CZ Republic (by that I'm guessing they mean the restrictions).

I'm interested to hear how others in the same situation are doing.

I done the same as you, I took up Esayjet with their voucher offer and received the full amount plus a £10 gift, as you say quite impressed with Easyjet to . I to used Booking.com and have received an email today the the hotel I was using in Prague ( Pyramida ) had accepted my reasons for cancelling and offered a full refund which is great. The tickets I am afraid I am just going to right off, of course I could still use them if things improve I still can use the flight vouchers and re-book the hotel but in reality I doubt very much that will happen.

• Like 1

I think we’ve done well then Screm. Just wish I hadn’t bought grandstand startline tickets. LOL 

I got a reply from the Marketa again yesterday, it was a little ambiguous. I got the feeling they may be sympathetic, only time will tell. 

48 minutes ago, Spooky said:

I think we’ve done well then Screm. Just wish I hadn’t bought grandstand startline tickets. LOL 

I got a reply from the Marketa again yesterday, it was a little ambiguous. I got the feeling they may be sympathetic, only time will tell. 

I have 2 seats in section A2 so I guess I have tickets in roughly the same section as you, as I posted earlier I think we both face writing off the money for the tickets.

"Easy Jet have been brilliant"

You must be joking.

You have been done up like a kipper IMHO. Well, you might have a worthless piece of paper (an IOU ) so if Easyjet decide to remain in business you might get a flight from them form some airport to where you want to go at an inflated price - which will make their "£10" gesture worthless.

I have put my refund into the hands of my credit card company for a refund under section 75. 

• Like 2

On 5/15/2020 at 9:55 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

"Easy Jet have been brilliant"

You must be joking.

You have been done up like a kipper IMHO. Well, you might have a worthless piece of paper (an IOU ) so if Easyjet decide to remain in business you might get a flight from them form some airport to where you want to go at an inflated price - which will make their "£10" gesture worthless.

I have put my refund into the hands of my credit card company for a refund under section 75. 

I can only speak as I find regarding EasyJet, one time returning from Prague our evening flight was pulled, not easyJet’s  fault. I know they have a right of care to their customers but 5 of us were put up in SEPARATE Rooms in an almost 5star hotel, we were fed too! All this at no cost to us! They were also prepared to “keep us” for the following few days until they had space on flights to get us home! We couldn’t delay getting home, we used Czech Airlines at twice the cost. EasyJet covered the cost of everything including taxi fares & refreshments..........not bad in my opinion OB! The only inconvenience was getting home the day after planned. BTW, I don’t work for them!!!!! 

The reason I came here was to say that AK Markéta have still not offered any solution for my original request. “Tickets are still valid” seems to be the standard answer. I’m left with 3 grandstand tickets, right above the start. Anyone interested? LOL 

3 hours ago, Spooky said:

I can only speak as I find regarding EasyJet, one time returning from Prague our evening flight was pulled, not easyJet’s  fault. I know they have a right of care to their customers but 5 of us were put up in SEPARATE Rooms in an almost 5star hotel, we were fed too! All this at no cost to us! They were also prepared to “keep us” for the following few days until they had space on flights to get us home! We couldn’t delay getting home, we used Czech Airlines at twice the cost. EasyJet covered the cost of everything including taxi fares & refreshments..........not bad in my opinion OB! The only inconvenience was getting home the day after planned. BTW, I don’t work for them!!!!! 

The reason I came here was to say that AK Markéta have still not offered any solution for my original request. “Tickets are still valid” seems to be the standard answer. I’m left with 3 grandstand tickets, right above the start. Anyone interested? LOL 

From my own personal experience with Easyjet I cant fault them either. Bit more of an argument to get a refund on my hotel but we got there in the end.

As for your second point I have a feeling we will just have to right off the cost of the tickets, I have 2 tickets for section A2 but I think they will become a souvenir from the event rather than be used, though I note that even though we have a new date for the Czech SGP tickets are unavailable to buy of the official SGP site.