British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Is Jordan Palin ready for Championship speedway?

It’s pretty alarming that a 15 year old lad who turns 16 next February and who has completed just one season in the NL has been signed for Scunthorpe next season?

Is he old enough? Is he experienced enough? Will he lose confidence? Will he put other riders at risk?

It’s crazy, isn’t it? Surely it’s at least a season too soon?

How does his progress compare with Chris Holder, Tai Woffinden, Lewis Bridger and Drew Kemp?

Shouldn’t riders complete at least two seasons in the NL?

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.37681

Edited by DC2

What's wrong with 16 year old Palin riding in the 2nd division.

16-year-old Peter Collins, Chris Morton, Michael Lee, Kenny Carter, Andy Smith, are just a few riders I remember riding in the 1st division.

• Like 5

Jordan has a higher NL average than Kyle Bickley, Connor Bailey, Danny Phillips, Jack Smith, Luke Harris,  Drew Kemp, Ryan Kinsley, Jason Edwards, Joe Lawlor, Tom Perry and Connor Coles. I think he might be ok.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Was Anders Rowe ready?  Was Leon Flint ready? 

If they're good enough, they're old enough. 

Possibly.

But then again there’s older young riders who have found it too much:

Jack Smith, Parkinson-Blackburn, Wajtknecht, Jacobs, Bailey, Knight, Thomas, Wood and Atkins. 

Something has gone wrong for these lads and I’d hate to see Palin get the stuffing knocked out of him and disappear.

Is one year’s NL experience really enough?

Palin is an amazing talent and I am a huge admirer of his, If Sheffield had remained in the Champ then i certainly wouldnt have objected to him signing for us. Agreed he is very young and only has 1 season of NL experience under is belt, however he has the talent, great backing and great family support. I expect Jordan will have a steady rise in the Champ however with these raw young talents you never know. All the best to young Jordan.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Possibly.

But then again there’s older young riders who have found it too much:

Jack Smith, Parkinson-Blackburn, Wajtknecht, Jacobs, Bailey, Knight, Thomas, Wood and Atkins. 

Something has gone wrong for these lads and I’d hate to see Palin get the stuffing knocked out of him and disappear.

Is one year’s NL experience really enough?

That has always been the case and will continue to happen, on the other hand, if you keep them protected too long they tend to stop at that level.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DC2 said:

It’s pretty alarming that a 15 year old lad who turns 16 next February and who has completed just one season in the NL has been signed for Scunthorpe next season?

Is he old enough? Is he experienced enough? Will he lose confidence? Will he put other riders at risk?

It’s crazy, isn’t it? Surely it’s at least a season too soon?

How does his progress compare with Chris Holder, Tai Woffinden, Lewis Bridger and Drew Kemp?

Shouldn’t riders complete at least two seasons in the NL?

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.37681

complete twaddle.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

NDL likely to reduce is quality and quantity, he could double down anyway, let him race older more experienced riders and he will learn quicker.

Didn't do Peter Collins and Michael Lee any harm did it?? 

• Like 3

Bickley, Flint, Smith and maybe even Kemp last season proved that the PL is not an easy league. I'd imagine, unless Palin is something special, then he'll probably average around 3/4 which isn't too bad.

Just underlines how good Woffinden was to do what he did.

36 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Bickley, Flint, Smith and maybe even Kemp last season proved that the PL is not an easy league. I'd imagine, unless Palin is something special, then he'll probably average around 3/4 which isn't too bad.

Not to mention what a wasted talent Lewis Bridger was

Jordan attained a CMA of 9.45 re his league matches ... a superb performance for a 15 year old.

Going into the Championship at reserve is a must... hopefully Godfrey will put a no pressure tag on him and let him progress at his own pace.

A talented young lad who seems very level headed to me...

• Like 1

Clearly Scunthorpe seem to think so, Palin needs to take his career forward and moving into the Championship will do that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JCookie said:

I can remember only too well when Woffinden burst on to the scene. I can remember watching him in second halves at Sheffield and you could see then that this kid was going to be something special. At a very young age Tai was absolutely rinsing opposition riders with relative ease. Not to mention his PL riders championship victory in 08...

WIth The amount of polish talent coming through at the moment I think we need to welcome kids who are willing to take a risk. If he’s investing heavily over the winter will want to be riding 2 leagues 

• Like 1