British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Is Jordan Palin ready for Championship speedway?

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

How old was Kenny Carter when he rode for us at Newcastle. Must have been about 16.

Also what about my all time favourite especially at Newcastle JOE OWEN how old was he when he started at barrow I'm sure he was either 16 or 17

8 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Also what about my all time favourite especially at Newcastle JOE OWEN how old was he when he started at barrow I'm sure he was either 16 or 17

• Thanks 1

Darcy Ward not been mentioned yet?

22 hours ago, DC2 said:

It’s pretty alarming that a 15 year old lad who turns 16 next February and who has completed just one season in the NL has been signed for Scunthorpe next season?

Is he old enough? Is he experienced enough? Will he lose confidence? Will he put other riders at risk?

It’s crazy, isn’t it? Surely it’s at least a season too soon?

How does his progress compare with Chris Holder, Tai Woffinden, Lewis Bridger and Drew Kemp?

Shouldn’t riders complete at least two seasons in the NL?

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.37681

Shut up 

30 minutes ago, squall said:

Darcy Ward not been mentioned yet?

Mark Loram(Hackney Kestrels).

12 minutes ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

Shut up 

Good point, well made. Quite the charmer.

• Haha 2

I remember a couple of riders back in the 70s. The National League as it was named then. Trevor Vincent. Rode underage. Used the name Trevor Charly. Remember him riding for Mildenhall, Weymouth and Stoke. Am sure that ex Weymouth and Hackney rider Sean Wilmott rode underage.

On 11/2/2019 at 5:36 AM, DC2 said:

Possibly.

But then again there’s older young riders who have found it too much:

Jack Smith, Parkinson-Blackburn, Wajtknecht, Jacobs, Bailey, Knight, Thomas, Wood and Atkins. 

Something has gone wrong for these lads and I’d hate to see Palin get the stuffing knocked out of him and disappear.

Is one year’s NL experience really enough?

The only problem with the Championship (AKA 2nd. division) are the riders allowed to ride in it @ the top end of the teams. This will slow the natural development of young talented riders progressing & of course cost the teams £££££s.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Jason Crump(Poole)

I remember JC (and Mark Lemon) racing post main meeting for Reserve League team or whatever it was calling itself. Apart from a few tape exclusions, he was clearly destined for greatness

Andy Smith.

Connor bailey did ok for his first year in the championship even thou he has had never ridden in the uk and only a year older Jordan will do ok and and will hold his own I think his age doesn't really come into it   

Edited by mac101

29 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

He will be at 7 on a 2 point average. No pressure on him what so ever. And that’s what you want. 

Perhaps now is the time to say that NDL lads stepping up to the CL should be 'protected' by keeping them at reserve for their first season?

• Like 4