British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Is Jordan Palin ready for Championship speedway?

11 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Palin is a top performer, and the one that everyone will be watching. Brennan needs to calm down and stop getting injured. 

What about the “wonderboy” Kemp certain people are raving about? Didnt do too well with Sheffield did he?!

Palin looks a much better prospect. Sommelier may cry reading that though and accuse a successful buisnessman in Aus of being a fruit picker :D

14 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Palin is a top performer, and the one that everyone will be watching. Brennan needs to calm down and stop getting injured. 

The only thing that concerns me about Palin, is too much too soon.

I would imagine that he will be fine in the Championship, but the Premiership will be different matter where he will be mixing it far more experienced riders, even though the league is far weaker.

Brennan is a good prospect, but I would put Drew Kemp and Anders Rowe in front of him..

Brennan has an artificial Championship average as he has only rode in the Championship at reserve on home track that has a big home track advantage whereas both Kemp and Rowe have rode in the main body of he team for their respective teams in 2019.

Brennan has not been tested enough at the moment for m.   

1 hour ago, spin king said:

The only thing that concerns me about Palin, is too much too soon.

I would imagine that he will be fine in the Championship, but the Premiership will be different matter where he will be mixing it far more experienced riders, even though the league is far weaker.

Brennan is a good prospect, but I would put Drew Kemp and Anders Rowe in front of him..

Brennan has an artificial Championship average as he has only rode in the Championship at reserve on home track that has a big home track advantage whereas both Kemp and Rowe have rode in the main body of he team for their respective teams in 2019.

Brennan has not been tested enough at the moment for m.   

No question that Kemp and Rowe are a tad better than Palin at the moment. Kemp was brilliant at the Championship meeting at Scunny last year. Ironically Palin fell and was excluded in their heat together and Kemp got the 15 max and Palin the 12. Interesting.?   Rowe had a brilliant meeting Berwick for the U 19 /championship. I saw Rowe at Newcastle for Somerset and he really took to our track.

• Like 1

Kemp and Rowe look the two stand out youngsters to me at the moment, Palin obviously a little younger but could be on their level quickly as he is an excellent prospect. I hope there is a bit of friendly rivalry between them all and Brennan so they push each other on. 

In terms of Palin’s development I certainly don’t think it’s too much too soon, if anything we don’t push out youngsters soon enough, they need to get out of the NL as soon as they can and start racing regularly against senior riders. Of course not all will succeed but those early years where improvement can be rapid are vital. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Kemp and Rowe look the two stand out youngsters to me at the moment, Palin obviously a little younger but could be on their level quickly as he is an excellent prospect. I hope there is a bit of friendly rivalry between them all and Brennan so they push each other on. 

In terms of Palin’s development I certainly don’t think it’s too much too soon, if anything we don’t push out youngsters soon enough, they need to get out of the NL as soon as they can and start racing regularly against senior riders. Of course not all will succeed but those early years where improvement can be rapid are vital. 

agreed, once a rider has experienced riding as a #1 in the NL what else is there for them to learn? Exciting group of talented riders though when you add in Flint and the Thompsons plus others. Hopefully they'll all be given the support and opportunity to develop.

Typically the U21 world team cup is now also a pairs event but we could be challenging for silver already

3 hours ago, enotian said:

agreed, once a rider has experienced riding as a #1 in the NL what else is there for them to learn? Exciting group of talented riders though when you add in Flint and the Thompsons plus others. Hopefully they'll all be given the support and opportunity to develop.

Typically the U21 world team cup is now also a pairs event but we could be challenging for silver already

Jordan palin will go a long way in the sport as he has fantastic backing

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Pinny said:

What about the “wonderboy” Kemp certain people are raving about? Didnt do too well with Sheffield did he?!

Palin looks a much better prospect. Sommelier may cry reading that though and accuse a successful buisnessman in Aus of being a fruit picker :D

You really are a sad nonentity

Ouch. That hurts :rofl:

• Haha 1

On 2/21/2021 at 12:41 PM, Pinny said:

Kemp struggled because he went into the top 5 very quickly, which is far harder than being a NL heat leader! That being said a 3.5 ave for a 16/17 year old in their first season isn't bad! 

On 2/21/2021 at 12:41 PM, Pinny said:

Kemp IS another that is a big deal. He still upped his average with Sheffield. :rolleyes:
you clearly have never seen him ride. One of the most natural talents on a bike I’ve ever seen at 15. 

• Like 2

On 2/21/2021 at 2:27 PM, Tsunami said:

No question that Kemp and Rowe are a tad better than Palin at the moment. Kemp was brilliant at the Championship meeting at Scunny last year. Ironically Palin fell and was excluded in their heat together and Kemp got the 15 max and Palin the 12. Interesting.?   Rowe had a brilliant meeting Berwick for the U 19 /championship. I saw Rowe at Newcastle for Somerset and he really took to our track.

Hi Tsanami for me we have a few lads who are getting there,  Rowe i have watched and followed from the mini  track  rides at Swindon.He has done mega  well want him following in the tracks at Swindon ( if the they run????) moving up following Kilby, Keen, Holloway! Hewlett, Rossiter , Chessell, and Smart be great that.Kemp has improved  very much loads in my book did well in a top five at Sheffield when really he should of stayed  been aloud to stay at reserve  he got replaced punished badly in my book.Brennan i like see him beat Woryna at Swindon he was decent also see Palin in two junior meetings and on tape at NL level he looks classy great style.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Hi Tsanami for me we have a few lads who are getting there,  Rowe i have watched and followed from the mini  track  rides at Swindon.He has done mega  well want him following in the tracks at Swindon ( if the they run????) moving up following Kilby, Keen, Holloway! Hewlett, Rossiter , Chessell, and Smart be great that.Kemp has improved  very much loads in my book did well in a top five at Sheffield when really he should of stayed  been aloud to stay at reserve  he got replaced punished badly in my book.Brennan i like see him beat Woryna at Swindon he was decent also see Palin in two junior meetings and on tape at NL level he looks classy great style.

HI Sidney, nice to hear from you again. Yes we currently have the best set of kids up and coming for many years, and it couldn't have been any better for them when, simultaneously, we are missing many riders due to visas and the Poland dictates. They will compete and grow together  by competition, and I really can't see the alleged drop in standard will reduce the intensity of the racing.  This could become a milestone year both for speedway and the riders development, which should do well for the future. If they do progress as expected they may have to revisit the 2 rising stars for next year decision. I could be down in your parts at some stage, so I will let you know if I am going to make it.  Take care.  

9 hours ago, Tsunami said:

HI Sidney, nice to hear from you again. Yes we currently have the best set of kids up and coming for many years, and it couldn't have been any better for them when, simultaneously, we are missing many riders due to visas and the Poland dictates. They will compete and grow together  by competition, and I really can't see the alleged drop in standard will reduce the intensity of the racing.  This could become a milestone year both for speedway and the riders development, which should do well for the future. If they do progress as expected they may have to revisit the 2 rising stars for next year decision. I could be down in your parts at some stage, so I will let you know if I am going to make it.  Take care.  

Yes that would be great that Tsunami just let me know i will have to travel elsewhere for a few meetings as Swindon is not available?What  are the plans for the likes of Archie, The Mcgurk brothers and other up and coming youngsters.??? Are you going to be connected helping out hope so hope it goes well and some of those lads can move up the ladder.

16 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Kemp IS another that is a big deal. He still upped his average with Sheffield. :rolleyes:
you clearly have never seen him ride. One of the most natural talents on a bike I’ve ever seen at 15. 

Will see how he goes this year. Calling him a big deal is over the top though looking at his progress so far.

Absolutely streets behind the top boys on the continent at the moment. Even that Dane, Birkemose? Same age as Kemp, look at what he has achieved so far yet you hardly hear his name.

The problem is, and we are all guilty of it, is Brits love to over hype sportsmen. Same as in football and then when they don't hit the heights many expect, they get criticism. 

It is absolutely nothing personal against him, but I have seen many, many young Brits come around and get rated as this and that and very rarely at best does it happen. I remember Lee Hodgeson at Sheffield at 15 ripping the Conference league apart and being touted as the next British world champion. I remember Barrie Evans at 15 being raved about at 15. Where are they now?

Kemp may well turn out to be a very decent rider and as I have said, this is prime time to do it with the top tiers being so diluted and weak. His national league form looks impressive. However, using the excuse that he got moved into the main body of the side doesn't wash with me. People will remember Andrew Appleton and Chris Neath regularly swapping places at 2 & 7 after starting on a 3.00 for Newport in 1998/9. They both ended on over 5.00 in a stronger league.

Lets imagine Kemp was showing exactly the same form but was a foreigner. What would peoples thoughts be then?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Will see how he goes this year. Calling him a big deal is over the top though looking at his progress so far.

Absolutely streets behind the top boys on the continent at the moment. Even that Dane, Birkemose? Same age as Kemp, look at what he has achieved so far yet you hardly hear his name.

The problem is, and we are all guilty of it, is Brits love to over hype sportsmen. Same as in football and then when they don't hit the heights many expect, they get criticism. 

It is absolutely nothing personal against him, but I have seen many, many young Brits come around and get rated as this and that and very rarely at best does it happen. I remember Lee Hodgeson at Sheffield at 15 ripping the Conference league apart and being touted as the next British world champion. I remember Barrie Evans at 15 being raved about at 15. Where are they now?

Kemp may well turn out to be a very decent rider and as I have said, this is prime time to do it with the top tiers being so diluted and weak. His national league form looks impressive. However, using the excuse that he got moved into the main body of the side doesn't wash with me. People will remember Andrew Appleton and Chris Neath regularly swapping places at 2 & 7 after starting on a 3.00 for Newport in 1998/9. They both ended on over 5.00 in a stronger league.

Lets imagine Kemp was showing exactly the same form but was a foreigner. What would peoples thoughts be then?

I agree with a lot of this, he really needs to be pushing on in the Championship this year and putting several points on his average, also getting meetings for Gdańsk is vital. I feel our youngsters have traditionally had things too comfortable and need to be pushed at every opportunity to get the best out of them. The window of improvement is small and they need to be developing quickly in their teenage years. Kemp and Rowe in particular need to be aiming to be heatleaders in the second division before the end of the season. 

Edited by Bagpuss