British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Is Jordan Palin ready for Championship speedway?

On 1/21/2020 at 1:10 PM, pienpeesman said:

The lad rose from a 3 point average in the NL last year to a 9 plus average so a reckon the answer is YES... 

He was only om 3pts due to him not have ridden in the league before.

You have got to start at a points level somewhere & he was only 15.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, squall said:

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: 

This was just showing  that Ledwith who has not rode at this level for over decades is at the level of the young riders.Wright is also in the same category he has not rode in this league for five years it will be interesting to see how both the elder riders fare.

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

You have got to start at a points level somewhere & he was only 15.

Very nice & smooth on a bike

6 hours ago, Skodaman said:

He was only om 3pts due to him not have ridden in the league before.

That's why he started on the average he did like all others before him do.. & there is not an ounce of doubt he can achieve good things in the sport

Palin is more experienced than he is given credit for. he has ridden in the youth championship at all levels, NL last season as well as many continental events where he has held his own.It is my sencere opinion that Jordan is more than ready to step into a Championship reserve berth in 2020

Well he was apparently ready for the Speedway of Nations so the Championship should be a walk in the park lol!

• Like 2

Palin is one of a few riders that looks extremely promising for the UK future. 

• Like 5

I am sure that Jordan will blossom this year with his experience in a Championship side.... Riding for Peterborough will be brilliant experience which will help his career.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

I am sure that Jordan will blossom this year with his experience in a Championship side.... Riding for Peterborough will be brilliant experience which will help his career.

I hope so too. Personally another season at NL to boost his confidence qould have helped but he seems in a hurry to hit the top.  His rise has been solid but a biggest test for a rider is dealing with setbacks and Jordan hasn't encountered many yet.

9 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I hope so too. Personally another season at NL to boost his confidence qould have helped but he seems in a hurry to hit the top.  His rise has been solid but a biggest test for a rider is dealing with setbacks and Jordan hasn't encountered many yet.

I would say riders like Palin are lucky this year , both top top leagues look the weakest they have been for at least 30 years. If a rider can’t attain a 4.00 average at least in the championship this year, that has to be a hugely hugely worrying sign.

Palin does look set for the top though and a top prospect. 

I fancy Tom Brennan to make massive strides this year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pinny said:

I would say riders like Palin are lucky this year , both top top leagues look the weakest they have been for at least 30 years. If a rider can’t attain a 4.00 average at least in the championship this year, that has to be a hugely hugely worrying sign.

Have to agree its the best chance for any rider to settle into higher divisions although averages aren't always a true reflection.  Good home performances especially on a track that others are not as comfy with can easily inflate averages.  As most of us know having too good a season can see riders frozen out as average improvement is what most clubs look at when making signings.

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Have to agree its the best chance for any rider to settle into higher divisions although averages aren't always a true reflection.  Good home performances especially on a track that others are not as comfy with can easily inflate averages.  As most of us know having too good a season can see riders frozen out as average improvement is what most clubs look at when making signings.

I agree this is the perfect opportunity for decent young riders to set up their career without the usual pressure from having to out perform existing lower order riders to get a team spot. A lot of the new bunch have been riding against other for a lot of time in junior competitions, as well as the BYC, so it would nice to see them all survive together and produce the next crop for the immediate future. Looking forward to see their progress,   

4 hours ago, Pinny said:

Palin is a top performer, and the one that everyone will be watching. Brennan needs to calm down and stop getting injured.