British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Vojens GP 12th September 2020

Will be going to this - second time I've been, first was 1994. Few days break for us & staying in Haderslev. Taking a brolly! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Taking a brolly!

Why is it that Vojens makes Manchester look like a warm dry place? It's always put me off going there (Vojens, not Manchester) :rolleyes:

Not that many rain offs though. 94 was a good event, didn't want TR to win but that's speedway. 

19 hours ago, False dawn said:

Why is it that Vojens makes Manchester look like a warm dry place? It's always put me off going there (Vojens, not Manchester) :rolleyes:

Think Vojens is in a known wet region. I remember going up for a Saturday afternoon 1. Division meeting. The whole way up from Hamburg was relatively dry and sunny until about 5 miles from the track the road was wet and got worse the closer I got. Rode into the car park heard the meeting was called off and headed straight back to Hamburg. A week or so later a friend of mine from Germany told me he was in the cafe and saw me ride in and out, but I was gone before he had a chance to say hello !!!

Did see the area described as wetter than most on a site that had nothing to do with speedway. Just like I saw that Nordhastedt where a North German track is, is colder than the surrounding area

Edited by iris123

44 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Did see the area described as wetter than most on a site that had nothing to do with speedway.

Thanks for the intel.
There are many factors where a track can be placed, but you do have to wonder why anyone would build a track there!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Thanks for the intel.
There are many factors where a track can be placed, but you do have to wonder why anyone would build a track there!

Always remember a Denmark v Rest of the World meeting where I narrowly escaped a major crash on my bike coming home on the soaked motorway aquaplaning and doing a broadside !! It poured down during the meeting and I gave up and left, and shortly after it was called off anyway

Edited by iris123

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

Thanks for the intel.

Wasnt the track in Vojens built with purpose in that specific area since the area is an industrail area and not an area filled with residential houses. Would seem to be a good match, with a loud sport in a "loud" industrial area och not beside residential houses.

4 minutes ago, erinil1 said:

Wasn't the track in Vojens built with purpose in that specific area since the area is an industrial area and not an area filled with residential houses.

Not too surprising. No bu**er wants to live there. It's too bloody wet. :D

Can remember going to a world final there and said they put up fighter jets to spray clouds with chemicals to try and stop the rain coming

23 minutes ago, Neila said:

Can remember going to a world final there and said they put up fighter jets to spray clouds with chemicals to try and stop the rain coming

Don't they spray clouds with silver iodide to actually make it rain? :blink:

11 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Don't they spray clouds with silver iodide to actually make it rain? :blink:

Yea that's it, but to make it rain before it got to tokens, can't remember if it worked or not

3 minutes ago, Neila said:

Yea that's it, but to make it rain before it got to tokens, can't remember if it worked or not

Funny that. I typed tokens into the satnav on my phone and the predictive text sent me to Vojens :cheers:

• Haha 1