British Speedway Forum
TheMessiahOfTheBSF

SGB Championship 2020 Confirmed Signings

5 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Jason Edwards, Eastbourne.

Yes, he was in this morning's story on the website. Eagles have now named six riders.

On 11/15/2019 at 5:29 PM, Rockstar99 said:

41.00 Points Limit. Best of luck to all teams.

Do the averages shown include 2.5% discount where applicable for UK / NDL progression?? 

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Do the averages shown include 2.5% discount where applicable for UK / NDL progression?? 

I haven't put the -2.5% in as of yet. Nothing said anything about the -2.5% in the statement on Friday so I've just been using the final GSA's from last season at the moment. 

41 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

I haven't put the -2.5% in as of yet. Nothing said anything about the -2.5% in the statement on Friday so I've just been using the final GSA's from last season at the moment. 

At the AGM, they seem to post about changes made or anything new. With nothing being said, I would think that the -2.5% still applies in 2020.

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Is there still a reduction on the average for British Riders ?

Ian Jordan has confirmed on a Eastbourne supporters' group on Facebook that the 2.5% reduction does still apply to British riders.

Edited by eaglesno1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, eaglesno1 said:

Ian Jordan has confirmed on a Eastbourne supporters' group on Facebook that the 2.5% reduction does still apply to British riders.

Thank you. Will add those in later. Does it apply to all British riders?

Edited by Rockstar99

27 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Thank you. Will add those in later. Does it apply to all British riders?

I believe it does. This is the direct quote, "There is a 2.5% reduction for UK riders / NDL Riders. So any Green Sheet Averages have to be amended to reflect those who qualify."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eaglesno1 said:

I believe it does. This is the direct quote, "There is a 2.5% reduction for UK riders / NDL Riders. So any Green Sheet Averages have to be amended to reflect those who qualify."

Will update the list now. 

EDIT - All updated thanks for your help.

Edited by Rockstar99
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, eaglesno1 said:

Does this discount apply throughout the season for redeclarations etc. or is it just applicable for initial team building?

47 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Does this discount apply throughout the season for redeclarations etc. or is it just applicable for initial team building?

I think each qualifying rider gets it applied once to their starting average and their GSA just continues from there.

I don't think a rider can just keep swapping clubs and expect to claim a discount every time. If that's what you mean ;)

10 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

I think each qualifying rider gets it applied once to their starting average and their GSA just continues from there.

I don't think a rider can just keep swapping clubs and expect to claim a discount every time. If that's what you mean ;)

Thanks. You've answered my question precisely.

Another question. Does the discount apply to the Premiership as well?

• Thanks 1