British Speedway Forum

Linus sundstrum. Hes good mates with uncle len

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Linus sundstrum. Hes good mates with uncle len

His transfer to Panthers was one of the catalysts for the winter of discontent.

18 hours ago, Hackett said:

Nicholls needs a club that doesn't ride Saturdays - Lives on South Coast.

Morley won't be used by Eagles - but could be an option at Kent. Plus could Lawson be an option ?? 

Surely Lawson will stay at Eagles?

Would love to have above three at Kings. :D

With the best will in the world i can't see many from the 2019 side being included with the possible exception of Gilkes (and even he has made noises about wanting to be racing nearer home). Kemp will be better off elsewhere, Jenkins needs to get his confidence up at NL & Rowe has signed elsewhere. 

Kennett feels likely, Nicholls would be a great signing and Morley feels like a clever one. The rest who knows maybe even one from the hot list who everyone wants? I just hope the big international is Lasse Bjerre lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

I hope Kent gets accepted in the championship, nothing guaranteed yet I think

I don't think that there is any doubt that Poole and Kent will be accepted in to the Championship for 2020.

With Sheffield moving up they will want a round number and if Poole made 11, they will want a 12th and I think Kent will get the nod ahead of Plymouth based on geography..

Only have to hope that there is a NDL for those Clubs not in PL/CL to race in!  

Edited by HGould
spelling correction

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With the best will in the world i can't see many from the 2019 side being included with the possible exception of Gilkes (and even he has made noises about wanting to be racing nearer home)

When has he ever said that? I think you are either on a wind up or full of "clutching at straws"!!! 

• Like 1

Hopeing Ben Morley gets a place next year here,,,he flies around Kent and one of his best. Tracks for gating..Nearest track for me and some of his large fan club  Fingers crossed ?.....

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, waco said:

Hopeing Ben Morley gets a place next year here,,,he flies around Kent and one of his best. Tracks for gating..Nearest track for me and some of his large fan club  Fingers crossed ?.....

Hope Ben makes return to CP.....:t:

23 hours ago, HGould said:

I don't think that there is any doubt that Poole and Kent will be accepted in to the Championship for 2020.

With Sheffield moving up they will want a round number and if Poole made 11, they will want a 12th and I think Kent will get the nod ahead of Plymouth based on geography..

Only have to hope that there is a NDL for those Clubs not in PL/CL to race in!  

H Gould from Birmingham..You seem to be well informed ? Are you in Speedway management ?  I am a bit confused over this alleged move to the Championship.

When will we know for certain ?  And if it does not happen, what then ?  I hope it does happen even though I actually prefer the National League and seeing young

riders learn their trade...Gilkes and Mulford great examples this year. But apart from my personal preferences, it will make most fans happy, I think. But all the other

teams in that league will be signing their riders while Kent wait for a decision, so must be impossible for them. Wednesdays will be OK for me. 

6 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

H Gould from Birmingham..You seem to be well informed ? Are you in Speedway management ?  I am a bit confused over this alleged move to the Championship.

When will we know for certain ?  And if it does not happen, what then ?  I hope it does happen even though I actually prefer the National League and seeing young

riders learn their trade...Gilkes and Mulford great examples this year. But apart from my personal preferences, it will make most fans happy, I think. But all the other

teams in that league will be signing their riders while Kent wait for a decision, so must be impossible for them. Wednesdays will be OK for me. 

I read the Speedway Star that's all, I was a Track Raker and that's about it.

My reading of the Speedway Star this week suggests to me that Kent and Poole are as sure as you can be to be in The Championship when you read the articles written.

I may be wrong but looks like rubber stamping at the AGM which is next week Wednesday and Thursday I think.

I do hope there is a decent NDL in 2020 as most would agree it needs to thrive.

Edited by HGould
added ndl line
  • Like 2

On 11/9/2019 at 10:09 AM, HGould said:

I read the Speedway Star that's all, I was a Track Raker and that's about it.

My reading of the Speedway Star this week suggests to me that Kent and Poole are as sure as you can be to be in The Championship when you read the articles written.

I may be wrong but looks like rubber stamping at the AGM which is next week Wednesday and Thursday I think.

I do hope there is a decent NDL in 2020 as most would agree it needs to thrive.

Thanks, now understand where your information came from.  I missed it. So if Poole and Kent go up, what happens to Plymouth if the

National League is not big enough ? What is the minimum needed to run a league ? Can't be less than 6/7 surely ?

43 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Thanks, now understand where your information came from.  I missed it. So if Poole and Kent go up, what happens to Plymouth if the

National League is not big enough ? What is the minimum needed to run a league ? Can't be less than 6/7 surely ?

I'm sure Kent and Plymouth will also run a NDL team.

My understanding is that Poole have been accepted into the league & I know they have already made signings . There will only be one more team accepted so it is between Kent & Plymouth who will both pitch the the other 11 teams their business plan & intentions for stepping up to ensure that whichever club comes up is sustainable.

I also hear that one of the conditions of acceptance will be they have to also remain in the NDL.  

Edited by Lenny Lion